Oculus Rift (+ Oculus GO): vera next generation, immersione totale

crespo80

Filo.... mi fido del tuo giudizio.... e anche se ero propenso per il vive... mi stai convincendo per Oculus. Io gioco solo ad ac.... non pensi che il vantaggio dell Oculus sia perché in parte implementato è il vive solo con revive funziona?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Filodream

• BoNI

• peppotex

• crespo80

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mi sapete dire a quanto ammonta la spesa complessiva per l'acquisto comprendendo spedizione, sdoganamento e varie ed eventuali?

Grazie

Mi sapete dire a quanto ammonta la spesa complessiva per l'acquisto comprendendo spedizione, sdoganamento e varie ed eventuali?

Grazie

742€ spedizione inlcusa... Per lo sdoganamento non penso che si paghi...

Filo.... mi fido del tuo giudizio.... e anche se ero propenso per il vive... mi stai convincendo per Oculus. Io gioco solo ad ac.... non pensi che il vantaggio dell Oculus sia perché in parte implementato è il vive solo con revive funziona?

I vantaggi che ho descritto per il Rift non riguardano solo AC, è una cosa che si riscontra in tutti i titoli. Quindi rispondendo alla tua domanda: no.

Dato che giochi solo ad ac, non dovresti proprio avere dubbi sul visore da scegliere.. 

Ero rimasto a 749.

Niente dogana, la spedizione parte dall'Olanda.

Grazie raga...  :thumbsup:

Ora inizio a pensarci.  :doh:

io sto facendo finta di non leggere tutto quello che si scrive in questa discussione.... ma mi sento frustare la schiena da una scimmia..... e proprio non riesco a capire!!!! :doh:

Test Oculus Rift CV1 + GeForce GTX 1080 + Assetto Corsa

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4lpa0y/review_of_gtx_1080_with_the_rift/

tl;dr at bottom! Had a chance to sit down and have a good go at using my GTX 1080 with the rift last night, I have upgraded from a 980 which was perfectly playable, but this takes it to another level. Overclocked it straight out of the box, power limit at 120% +220 core and +500 memory and I get 19,220 firestrike 3dmark with a i7 6700k @4.6ghz

First up, I tried dream deck and luckys tale, using the debug tool I *up sampled the resolution to 1.75x using the oculus debug tool. They looked great anyway, but now with even less aliasing! Both at a solid 90fps. Could probably increase to 2.0x

Next I tried elite, I can now render the game at 1.5x using all ultra settings and it has cleared it up immensely, it really helps out with the moving aliasing that was quite apparent earlier. ATW does help here and there, but does a pretty good job at keeping it immersive. The two main options that give a frame hit are Shadow detail and ambient occlusion. I can put them down a few notches to get a solid 90fps pretty much everywhere

Next up, war thunder. Wow, this was pretty unbelievable up scaled to 1.5x everything on MAX and running at a solid 90fps. I was dropping frames with the 980 here and there and I didn't realise how much ATW was helping out. But now it's soo immersive! Having that extra detail as well as it being super smooth makes it an absolute joy to play. Had an amazing time playing single player Battle of Britain missions over Dover! My neck is sore from checking my six!

Assetto Corsa, thought I would quickly check how this looks and ended up playing for hour and half! The sweet spot on this was 1.75x up sample as it is a pretty light engine, but it was still a lot blurry than than the other games so I looked into why. It seems that it was affected by the in game resolution that was set (which is unusual) so I went to NVIDIA control panel and enabled DSR which allowed me to select 2560x1440. Wow, this must have been what I was missing! Way sharper and plays at a solid 90fps at ultra (toned down reflection quality a couple of notches) Tried a race with 12 cars and it was solid. You have to try this with a wheel.. Wow

What I'm realising, is that you need to be aiming at 90fps to get immersed in anything. I think it's sometimes worth lowering graphics to a level where you get it constantly. ATW works a treat at not making you feel sick when it misses a frame, but you shouldn't be relying on it to make your game playable.

tl;dr card is a powerhouse, sweet spot on increased rendering is about 1.5x, can play games in VR on maximum settings, everything is super immersive with less Aliasing at 90fps

*EDIT I've recently started playing elite at 1.35x the performance gain is way better than the slight upsampling you get

Ragazzi 1080 arrivata questa mattina... Montata e appena fatta la prova con assetto corsa come da post di Giando74... No words