Top Posters In This Topic

• mafredx

• Crashtest dummy

• TIX

• Thor^DRM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Roby_G
E infatti. Il valore non e' dato solo dal prezzo. E' questo il fatto. Quello che trovo discutibile e' il desiderio di monetizzare tutto, solo quello.

302436[/snapback]

Su questo sono assolutamente daccordo.

Oppure scegliendo un'altra chiave di lettura, se il modding ( o altre attivita' che oggi e' la norma offrire a costo zero ) a pagamento diventasse la norma, diventerebbe ovvio distinguere tra chi opera in questo ambiente per passione e chi lo fa' per un guadagno in soldi, presente o futuro che sia.

Guest fenomeno
Comprati e istallati toban HR e sky HR. Che dire, fantastici. Per me soldi ben spesi. SHOCKED.gif

ps. Come si inseriscono le immagini nei post?

302255[/snapback]

Come li hai inseriti io non riesco a farli apparire confused1.gif

302430[/snapback]

Segui attentamente le istruzioni nei "read me".

302432[/snapback]

Grazie

ma se non vi sta agenio che venda le sue texture, dite che non siete daccordo. non fate dei temi polemici e poi dopo 2 mesi girate degli scrrenshot con quelle texture.

cmq all'inio, io credevo che ste texture erano presate da jemes petter, invece sono venuto a conoscenza che lui come lavoro fa il texturista 2d quindi sono tutto frutto del suo sacco.

Guest AsterX
E infatti. Il valore non e' dato solo dal prezzo. E' questo il fatto. Quello che trovo discutibile e' il desiderio di monetizzare tutto, solo quello.

302436[/snapback]

Questo

cmq all'inio, io credevo che ste texture erano presate da jemes petter, invece sono venuto a conoscenza che lui come lavoro faceva il texturista 2d quindi sono tutto frutto del suo sacco.

302456[/snapback]

o, meglio,lo

Edited by Vange

Guest ][udson

Ciao,

This seems to be a good discussion here. I'm trying my best to understand the translator I use, so some of your comments I do not understand.

I just want to say a few things.

I think in time you all will see that payware lifts up a community rather than ruining it. I always refer to flight simulations and train simulations. These genres have benefitted greatly from the professional or the very talented people who produce great work, yet also seek compensation. There are many, many professional pieces of work that real fans of the games can find almost anything they want and add it to their game...for a relatively small fee compared to the enjoyment they get out of it.

If you go have a look around payware sites in those communities, you will also see my work is very inexpensive. There is just no comparison here.

I read that someone thought the skies were too expensive. Firstly, these are global skies - they work on every track you can run in rFactor. I spent a long time developing my technique for producing these skies. And I do not see anyone else making skies of this quality.

Considering I spent $2000+ on a professional camera and lens, spend a lot of time and gas money travelling to a tower to shoot pictures, and have the skills to execute the finished product, do you still think that $7.00 is unreasonable?

And as for my income which someone estimated around $4000 for these first products...what would you expect to make for three months of hard work and a significant investment of money? I can assure you I will not see $4000 for a good while...

In the end you can have all my updates for the original rFactor for the price of a good lunch for two people. Can you say that for the steering wheels and computer equipment you buy? I don't think so.

For those of you who cannot let go of the payware debate, let me clear something up for you. My mods are for adults who are serious about their racing. They are not for children still getting pocket money. My users spend thousands of dollars on their computers, race equipment, and games. To them, it's nothing to buy some upgrades for $5 or $7 to bring their game to a level it wasn't close to before.

Like others have said here, some will buy, some will not. It is all up to you. And I respect either decision. Some people won't care for paying for graphics. Maybe they don't notice or care about quality when they see it. But I assure you many people do - or at least I hope so.

I want to thank some of you in here for your support, people like AsterX, Uff, Roby_G, Andre106 - and I am sure I missed some of you just because I cannot understand the translation.

Arrivederci! wink.gif

thanx for the post hudson, i think you should upload some before/after comparisons on your site wink.gif

Edited by Vange