nkP 1.3 bugs

Guest Jarkko Sihvola

Thanks for this update! Collision detection has finally been fixed! :dribble:

Only bug I have noticed is that sometimes when joining a game my accelerator pedal doesn't work.

I'm using Logitech G25.

If I leave game and rejoin then it will work. This seems to be an intermittent problem. Anyone else having this issue?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kunos

• Wally

• lratafia

• Tipichang

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it definetly can't be a graphics driver issues because the sim part isn't working... something that might be worth trying is to get rid of every instance of "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime" from the control panel, then run the netkar installer (which will install a new C++ runitme) or run the C++ runtime installer from the netkar install folder under "runtime/vcredist_x86_2008sp1.exe"

Tried it, unfortunately same result still.

Have you tried following this guide? http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=50045&st=0

Have you tried following this guide? http://www.drivingit...opic=50045&st=0

I did that some time ago, probably when 1.2 did not work. In any case, I seem to have the same versions of net frameworks as posted by kunos in the original thread mentioned in your link:

Il modo piu' rapido e sicuro per farlo è controllare cosa c'è nella cartella c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework . Troverai una serie di cartelle, ad esempio, sul mio XP di casa ho:

v1.0.3705

v1.1.4322

v2.0.50727

v3.0

v3.5

I do have v4.0 as well, but it seems unlikely that could be an issue.

again... this has nothing to do with .NET or graphics drivers. The simulation part of netKar doesn't use .NET so it's indipendent from it. Also graphics drivers are ok, because it's not the visualization of the sim that is wrong while the sim itself is running in the background. In this case, the underlying simulation calculations are failing for unknown reasons.

I would try to concentrate on C++ runtime and controller setup.. have you tried to setup the keyboard as controller?

I would try to concentrate on C++ runtime and controller setup.. have you tried to setup the keyboard as controller?

No change when using keyboard as a controller. I ran Dependency Walker on nks.exe and it seems to use msvcr90.dll which has version 9.0.30729.6161.

EDIT: The log file contains this:

Initializing TrackIR interface

ERROR: DLL Location key not present

PATH=Error

LoadLibrary failed

TrackIR error

I don't have trackir, but have installed (and later uninstalled) some clones such as freetrack. Perhaps the sim thinks trackir is present and the camera control is screwed because of it?

Edited by brr

no, it's not that... I have been digging into the code trying to imagine what could be..at the moment nothing interesting. But I might ask you to download some dedicated version so I can understand what's going on because this could be happening somewhere else.. even if I have never seen it happening on any (lotssssss of them) of the PC where we install our software.

Is it ok to reach me by email?

no, it's not that... I have been digging into the code trying to imagine what could be..at the moment nothing interesting. But I might ask you to download some dedicated version so I can understand what's going on because this could be happening somewhere else.. even if I have never seen it happening on any (lotssssss of them) of the PC where we install our software.

Is it ok to reach me by email?

Sure, thanks for the effort. I tried to PM you my email address but it did not work. Perhaps you can PM me your address?

Yestarday i installed the patch and when i tried to play a problem appeared..i wasnt able to drive online/offline these 3 cars:abarth,1600/1800.When i created a game or joining in a server that haves these 3 cars my screen acts like crazy,making waves,showing me only the blue sky and i hear the engine car that runs off and on all the time..I reinstalled the game again and everything solved but today when i logged in the same problem appeared and i wasnt touched anything,everything was same like yesterday..Any ideas mr.Kunos and guys?