Mod a pagamento ?!?!? - Page 9 - rFactor by ISI - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Mod a pagamento ?!?!?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ma dai io nn capisco dove sta la rottura di cojones se qualcuno decide di creare un circuito reale, ma per un videogioco....cioè...spero che i mod escano decenti per rFactor, ma se scoprissi che anche questi mod sono a pagamente mi rifiuto proprio di continuare a giocarci.

( Ovviamente è un parere personale wink.gif )

Posted
Finchè non si sa come la pensano gli ISI sui mod, è inutile portare esempi.

Ogni autore(e ogni licenza) fa storia a se.

268069[/snapback]

staremo a vedere..Io continuo a preferire un prodotto sviluppato OTTIMAMENTE ma fine a se stesso..(l'ultimo e' stato GPL,e non parlo di qualita' simulativa,ma solo di concetto software su cui sviluppare una comunita') o al massimo qualcosa come nK pro o RL,ovvero ad "espansione controllata" .

268082[/snapback]

Capisco che intendi. Però se tutti i sim fossero stati su questa linea di pensiero non avremmo avuto alcuni autentici capolavori (per F1c e NR2003) frutto di grande creatività come quelli firmati RSR e USPits (ora felicemente insieme per l'NAGT sbava.gif ) solo per citarne alcuni.

Per me l'ideale sarebbe vedere dei mod 'ufficializzati' dagli ISI (ISI approved).

Half Life fece così tanti anni fa con Counterstrike & Co. Tant'è che i mod approvati dai Valve venivano venduti insieme al gioco in confezioni speciali (più care ovviamente).

Un bel mod è un valore aggiunto al gioco originale, non ci sono dubbi. La giusta politica di una software house non può non dare il giusto merito, riconoscendonlo anche economicamente. In questo modo tutto è legittimo, non è più il modder che deve 'rischiare' di commercializzare tutto da se, ma sarebbero gli stessi ISI a gestire il tutto attraverso la rete di distribuzione già esistente.

Diversamente le strade percorribili per i modders che vogliono far business sono:

1. SIMBIN (ti compri il motore grafico ISI e ci fai quel che vuoi);

2. Lasciare aperto un conto Paypal lasciando agli utenti la possibilità di ricompensare la loro creatività in generale, senza specificare che quei soldi sono dovuti per quel particolare mod;

3. Contattare gli ISI (*) è richiedere un'autorizzazione chiara sulla libertà di commercializzare il mod.

(*) Ed eventualmente ogni altro devteam che ha creato parti del mod (circuiti, skin e 3D in genere).

Guest Valerio_Braschi
Posted
Ma dai io nn capisco dove sta la rottura di cojones se qualcuno decide di creare un circuito reale, ma per un videogioco....cioè...spero che i mod escano decenti per rFactor, ma se scoprissi che anche questi mod sono a pagamente mi rifiuto proprio di continuare a giocarci.

( Ovviamente è un parere personale wink.gif )

268106[/snapback]

Fra un po' forse rivaluteremo GPL almeno non ci sono tutti sti problemi e in fondo si fa' la cosa piu' bella per cui siamo qui' guidare per passare un po' di tempo e sfogare la nostra passione!

Ciao

Valerio

Posted
Io continuo a preferire un prodotto sviluppato OTTIMAMENTE ma fine a se stesso..(l'ultimo e' stato GPL,e non parlo di qualita' simulativa,ma solo di concetto software su cui sviluppare una comunita') o al massimo qualcosa come nK pro o RL,ovvero ad "espansione controllata" .

268082[/snapback]

Ah meno male, cominciavo a sentirmi solo: quoto assolutamente. smilie_daumenpos.gif

Ormai quando sento la parola MOD mi viene l'orticaria: sgrat sgrat...

Guest ][udson
Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. I just wanted to register and say a few words. I've read this thread using a translator and can't make too much of it out, but I get a general sense for what's being said. I wish I could speak Italian and fully talk with you . wink.gif

I thank those of you who have posted some kind comments. I am thankful for the thoughts you express. I can also understand those who may feel upset. Everyone is very used to getting things for free in the race sim community. It is my hope that I can proivide you with work that you feel is worth paying for. It will all be professional. And entirely new tracks will be available eventually.

If my sales go well, a 3d modeller who worked on many games you've all played, may join me. This is not an ISI person, and you'll see tracks the like you won't find anywhere for free, and even from original games.

I aim to provide you all with high quality addons for rFactor for as long as I can. I hope you enjoy what I have to offer, and can understand the effort takes considerable time, skill, and expense.

Thanks!

Edited by ][udson
Posted

Hi ][udson!

Cool to see you here too, it's always a pleasure to talk directly with the author! biggrin.gif

Yours is not the first case of not for free modding, and I think it won't be the last one.

What it's not clear (at least to me) is if we need to pay X € for each update, or if we can download multiple files with the same payment.

Will the Hi-Res cost 7€ (I remember this, but I can't find anything to confirm it)? The main problem is that it seems a quite too high sum for a texture update (especially when the game costs 35€).

Looking forward to your reply: talking directly with you is a very good opportunity to clarify things!

Bye! wink.gif

Posted

( I too I used an online translator... excuse for the mistakes of translation : http://www.freetranslation.com/ )

English :

I is not all right.

The mod is a hobby, from the moment in which it is done to pay an actual work is left the field of the hobby and enters in that of the work.

The substantial difference is that the money received like "offer" paypal are earned illegally .... given that not not they are taxed

If one it wants to earn it is created its attractive softerhouse subject to commercial lecterns, pays the taxes on the money that earns... how did the simbin in due time.

To be modders asks for time and passion... but no obligates to be modders. ...

If a person does not hear satisfied itself from the number of the downloads and from the enthusiastic replies of who unloads the product. ... but seeks the satisfaction wanting to earn the money... then distorts the meaning of modders.

all this imho

Italian :

non sono d'accordo.

il mod è un hobby , dal momento in cui si fa pagare un proprio lavoro si lascia l'ambito dell'hobby e si entra in quello del lavoro.

la differenza sostanziale è che i soldi ricevuti come "offerta" paypal sono guadagnati illegalmente ..... dato che non sono tassati

se uno vuole guadagnare si crea la sua bella softerhouse soggetta a leggi commerciali, paga le tasse sul soldi che guadagna... come hanno fatto i simbin a suo tempo.

essere modders richiede tempo e passione... ma nessuno obbliga ad essere modders....

se una persona non si sente appagata dal numero dei downloads e dalle risposte entusiaste di chi scarica il prodotto.... ma cerca l'appagamento cercando di guadagnare i soldi... allora snatura il significato di modders.

tutto questo imho

Guest charger
Posted (edited)

Chi ti ha detto che il tizio non paga le tasse?Chi ti assicura che tutti gli altri le paghino? O non sfruttino i loro dipendenti?

Per fare il modders non serve aprire una software house...in italia basta versare la ritenuta d'acconto. Non diciamo stupidaggini.

Non mi piace la piega che sta prendendo il discorso....si va già per azzeccagarbugli, quando invece si dovrebbe parlare del lavoro che sta facendo.

Edited by charger
Guest ][udson
Posted

Thanks for the welcome, Ulf.

You will be able to download multiple files with one payment. The costs for each addon add up into your paypal cart

What is not set is pricing. My site was discovered and linked to while I was working on it. I wasn't nearly ready for it to be public. The prices I had in there were temporary as I was setting up Paypal and needed to insert prices. They were an early estimate.

It will take some time to talk to my friends in the game industry who also do this kind of work, and to talk to users. I will determine what's best for all of us. You get the work for a fair price, and I can recoup my investments of time and money, and hopefully make some profit.

I have expenses such as my programs and webspace. I bought a $2500 SLR camera and lens to take sky photos (and general environment images).

About the skies, I shoot from a 225 foot high tower about an hour and a half away from me which. I will be spending entire days from dawn to dusk capturing them. You will be able to buy these seperately and do not have to buy the tracks. They'll obviously work on any track you drive on, be it an addon track or not.

About the other work you guys have seen, the grass and roads and rumblestrips (and almost everything), is just a base upon which I will add so much more detail. As I work through the tracks there will be a lot of improvement in the textures. I will be updating the "old" tracks to new versions and people who have bought them may download those updates for free.

@FlyGilles: Hi wink.gif Hey, my italian is non-existant. You did a great job. I am so sorry I cannot post in italian.

Nothing I do will be illegal. I have an arrangement with ISI. I will be paying taxes - you can't earn money without doing so, or you go to jail. wink.gif

I am already in the game industry - it's been work for me for 4 years. I did, however, mod for free for a few years before working at ISI, and did it for passion and enjoyment.

The fact I charge now does not diminish the fact I have a passion for it. That's why I'm doing it. I'd make more money finding a new job after I left EA Sports. But I'd rather do something by myself, and create what I believe is a service to the online racing community.

Did I answer everything ok, FlyGilles?

Anyhow, I'd like for you guys to read the "about HK" section on my site. It goes into the reasons why I'm doing what I'm doing. I hope I can provide what you may want in your game. And if not, that's fine too!

Grazie!

Guest RobyXit
Posted

well done ][udson e grazie

ciao smilie_daumenpos.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.