SargentSam Posted November 5, 2016 Author Posted November 5, 2016 Maybe I could make all of the talent files and upload them all as an add-on for this mod! If you want to and have the time, that would be great! Do the test with the BES12 talent first though, it would suck if you put in all the effort for little or no gain. I will see what files we already have from other mods, it could reduce the number of files that need to be created significantly. Cheers!
Sylv3ster Posted November 5, 2016 Posted November 5, 2016 (edited) I also tried the Blancpain talent cars and although they weren't bunched up in a pack anymore, they were still quite easy to beat at 120% strength and 100% aggression... Edited November 5, 2016 by Sylv3ster
SargentSam Posted November 5, 2016 Author Posted November 5, 2016 I also tried the Blancpain talent cars and although they weren't bunched up in a pack anymore, they were still quite easy to beat at 120% strength and 100% aggression... My hope here is if they aren't as bunched up they will be faster, but that might not be the case. I read that setting the AI Limiter value in your PLR file to '0.00000' will cause them to not deliberately slow down in the race compared to practice, so that might be worth a shot too if you haven't already tried it. Turning the aggression down to 30-40% might also help.
Sylv3ster Posted November 6, 2016 Posted November 6, 2016 (edited) Oh uh... I already had AI limiting set to 0... I lowered the AI mistake rate and now they're getting slightly better Edited November 6, 2016 by Sylv3ster
SargentSam Posted November 6, 2016 Author Posted November 6, 2016 hmmmm, well if the talent test doesn't go well, the only other things I could suggest are set up your car really badly, or drive using a keyboard.
TheLuigi755 Posted November 6, 2016 Posted November 6, 2016 (edited) drive using a keyboard NOT EVEN ONCE. I can barely keep up with the AI using a DualShock 3. (I have special drivers that fool the PlayStation controller into acting like an Xbox controller - and those work with rFactor near flawlessly) Edited November 6, 2016 by TheLuigi755
SargentSam Posted November 6, 2016 Author Posted November 6, 2016 Works for me, I can get ok laptimes with the keyboard, and I never have problems with the AI being too slow (if I do then I can just turn them up a bit). I did once drive using a R/C transmitter through the microphone port, that just made me slower though... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sylv3ster Posted November 8, 2016 Posted November 8, 2016 I did once drive using a R/C transmitter through the microphone port, that just made me slower though... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Wait, what? XD
Sylv3ster Posted December 22, 2016 Posted December 22, 2016 I'm now working on adding and assigning all the Talent files for every car in the pack! All... 1,224 cars...
SargentSam Posted December 23, 2016 Author Posted December 23, 2016 Good luck! I would definitely recommend seeing what you can find from other mods first, it could save you some work. This might also help:https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rFactor%20Talent%20Editor Thanks.
Recommended Posts