Formula 1 1978 by Dave Sabre & team v1.1

Alessandro Pollini

Guys,

I welcome your input to this mod but it is difficult for me to fully understand what you are saying and I apologise for using English on an Italian forum.

From what I understand you are saying,

1. That the tyre temperatures are too high.

2. The liquids (oil and water) temperature are too high.

3. The engine do not fail. In testing on a long run they did fail.

4. Force FeedBack is too low. There is a setting in upgrades for the level of power steering.

5. On the dashboard of cars the light is an ignition light, not a shift light. Iginition lights do not work in rFactor.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rdasisva

• 2slow4u

• Lu ManiaK

• stdave

era una mia impressione...se dici che è tutto stato verificato sono più tranquillo.

mai parlato del ffb..io mi trovo abbastanza bene.

grazie ciao e complimenti per la mod!!!

Edited by rdasisva

We did some testing of the mod but people opinions will be different.

If you find problems I will try and fix them. This mod will develop with time.

We did some testing of the mod but people opinions will be different.

If you find problems I will try and fix them. This mod will develop with time.

ci potresti dare il tuo controller.ini dell' ffb ?

io uso quello di rfactor un po modificato ma non è il massimo...mi piacerebbe provarla con il vostro .

Edited by rdasisva

Visto che stdave legge questo topic, ne approfitto per segnalare dei bug. Per facilitargli la comprensione li scrivo direttamente in inglese.

Hi stdave. I've still not tried the mod after the 1.1 patch, but a friend of mine did it and found those bugs:
1)In the tv cam there are 4 harms visible, the 2 static and the 2 movable.

2)In the virtual mirror, the one in the game you enable with the key 2, there are pieces of the car visible. They should be the rear suspensions' harms.

3)The Brabham, the one with the fan on the back, for him have too much grip. He said me he drove the car with the default setup, but for him the car have an unrelastic amount of grip even if the real car was glued on the track by the big fan on the back.

4)Same thing with the lotus. He drove also this car with the default setup and he found it more challenging to drive compared to the Brabham but also with an unrealistic amount of grip.
5)The Ligier, always with the default setup, spins everytime he lifts the throttle and tends to loose to much downforce when cornering.

Edited by Lestart

1) and 2) These issues have been noted. They are not a high priority and will be fixed in time.

3) and 4) It is difficult to judge if these two cars have too much grip, they have undertray settings in the .hdv file which the other cars do not. There were rumours that the Brabham BT46B qualified with full tanks of fuel to slow it down. Lauda said that the faster you went in the corners the more the car gripped.

Difficult to say what is the correct level of grip, more opinions required.

5) Does it still spin with version 1.1 ? loose downforce cornering? it is unlikely that it will loose much downforce.

My controller.ini is the standard rfactor one, not modified in any way.

non vuole essere una critica la mia..forse sbaglio ma noto che le macchine che non hanno effetto suolo, mi costringono a dargli sempre ..o quasi il 100% di carico aereodinamico sul posteriore...per poter girare....anche metterlo al 70% noto che sono già difficili da tenere in strada.

è normale cosi?

è normale cosi? (so it is normal?)

If you look at photographs from the 1978 season, look at the size of the rear wings and steep angle of the top part. There is a big difference between the Lotus 79 rear wing and the none ground effect cars.

I think that the cars are still driveable with a lower rear wing angle, you just have to modify your driving in the corners, and take advantage of the increase in straight line speed.

Thanks for the reply. I sent your replies to my friend and i suggested him, as regard the Ligier, to reinstall the mod using the full 1.1 version. I'm waiting his reply and i will let you know if the Ligier still spins or not.