Guest Vange Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 (edited) Come si fa a dire che due simulatori vanno uguale quando uno (a detta di molti, quasi tutti oserei dire) ha un FF superiore (a mio giudizio nettamente) a quell'altro? occhio, che qui si parla di simulazione non come viene presentata.. per intenderci, si parla di "gli d Edited December 11, 2006 by Vange
Guest Daniel Almeida Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 I race a league with the Leon Supercopa ant it has this problem (I think It'll be solved soon). and I agree it affects races... But I repeat...it's not an R-factor problem, it s just an error that some modders have done. It is nonsense to compare nkpro cars with amatour rfactor mods. Rfactor "home" cars are ok, as far as my online experience is concerned, so the code and the implementation by ISI is perfectly OK. When (if) the nk-dk is out, I will be able to create cars with wrong contact points, but that wouldn't mean that the contacts code in nk is wrong, but just that I would have put wrong coordinates for the points. Well, the problem exists only in mods, that's right but it exists and it affects online play. Whatever causes it is another question, and as far as I can see, not part of this discussion here. Imagine Kunos saying: "NKP's MP is perfect, the real problem is the gfx-engine, which is taking too many resources and causing packet losses. But the MP is perfect". I guess everyone here would go crazy and they would be right in doing so. We're not talking about the technical causes but about issues in online races and the contact points problem is one of those in rF. Besides, I don't think a comparison of the stock rF cars with stock nKP cars would be a good thing, as rF is really mediocre in this regard. And let's put rF aside, as this is completely off-topic in this forum. rF is a good sim and I'm not attacking it.
Guest Ubaldo Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 (edited) Besides, I don't think a comparison of the stock rF cars with stock nKP cars would be a good thing, as rF is really mediocre in this regard. And let's put rF aside, as this is completely off-topic in this forum. rF is a good sim and I'm not attacking it. Yes, but we are speaking of collisions, not physics, so the comparison is right... And the comparison is important because we can comprise the effective level of multiplayer... On netkar: a car thas has the collision of a box s not so good or tecnichally advanced... Edited December 11, 2006 by Ubaldo
Guest Daniel Almeida Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 Yes, but we are speaking of collisions, not physics, so the comparison is right... And the comparison is important because we can comprise the effective level of multiplayer... On netkar: a car thas has the collision of a box s not so good or tecnichally advanced... Ok Ubaldo, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Like I said, rF is a great sim, have fun with it!
oppolo Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 (edited) 1 - Filmati di gare in multi eccellenti di rF ne esistono parecchie ed inoltre ho spiegato perch Edited December 11, 2006 by oppolo
Guest Ubaldo Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 (edited) Yes, but we are speaking of collisions, not physics, so the comparison is right... And the comparison is important because we can comprise the effective level of multiplayer... On netkar: a car thas has the collision of a box s not so good or tecnichally advanced... Ok Ubaldo, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Like I said, rF is a great sim, have fun with it! as you wish. I use netkar pro, Rfactor, and gtr2 (with nap mod), so i think that I'm not a fanboy, but if you want to be blind on the reality, you can. Bye P.S.: speaking of netkar pro, what do you think of the collision system? I think that is not so real and this is a very hard problem for a simulation... Edited December 11, 2006 by Ubaldo
Guest Daniel Almeida Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 LOL Ubaldo. Yeah, I'm the fanboy. I guess if someone is talking from experience here, then it's me. I'm not saying rF sucks, I said what's wrong with it and that's enough. If that makes me blind in your eyes, so be it. Regarding nKP's collision, yes, when you touch someone you get a reaction, it can go from a slightly damaged suspension to a spin or even a completely destroyed car. It's really completely different from reality, I guess we should fix it. :rolleyes:
Jaap Wagenvoort Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 (edited) as you wish. I use netkar pro, Rfactor, and gtr2 (with nap mod), so i think that I'm not a fanboy, but if you want to be blind on the reality, you can. Bye P.S.: speaking of netkar pro, what do you think of the collision system? I think that is not so real and this is a very hard problem for a simulation... Call me a fanboy, but I've done (and organised) two full leagues with rFactor early on in 2006 so I know what I'm talking about. Yes, the netKar collision system works with a box around the car. However, in my experience at least the collision detection works very, very good. Collisions are never 'missed' or 'ignored' (exceptions are there in case of warping or something). You can never drive right through other cars which happens with all rFactor mods and which is huge shame as it encourages unrespectful driving. There are numerous clips available of just terrible online racing behaviour in rFactor, partly due to this. We used the same server for rFactor and netKar PRO online racing. In our rF league we had cars driving through each other continously, regardless of our server settings (we played a lot of with it). It just totally destroys the online experience, at least from my perspective. It's just not fun to drive and see someone pass you with a ruthless manouvre and right through your car and see nothing happening! At least this doesn't happen in netKar PRO online racing. Just watch the FR2000IC clips closely and see how good it works. The collision detection is much more realistic than the ISI-based system. It's of course a matter of personal opinion (hmm... opinions are mostly personal :fischia:), but for me I rather prefer being limited to 15 cars and have a well-working collision detection and FullMode than having 30+ cars and be able to drive right through them and survive I think we should go back on-topic now - and leave rF/nKP differences behind. There are differences - and that's great, because it gives us all something we want and prefer. To me, if you want fun and easy racing, go for rF.. if you want optimal (read, not perfect) realism, go for nKP PS: sorry for the English - my Italian isn't as good as Daniel's :rolleyes: Edited December 11, 2006 by Jaap Wagenvoort
oppolo Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 (edited) cancellato Edited December 11, 2006 by oppolo
Guest Ubaldo Posted December 11, 2006 Posted December 11, 2006 (edited) LOL Ubaldo. Yeah, I'm the fanboy. I guess if someone is talking from experience here, then it's me. I'm not saying rF sucks, I said what's wrong with it and that's enough. If that makes me blind in your eyes, so be it. Regarding nKP's collision, yes, when you touch someone you get a reaction, it can go from a slightly damaged suspension to a spin or even a completely destroyed car. It's really completely different from reality, I guess we should fix it. :rolleyes: in italiano si dice "parliamo e non ci capiamo". Viste le premesse, un dialogo Edited December 11, 2006 by Ubaldo
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now