Zandvoort track official content

Taranta

Io la differenza tra i circuiti laser e normali (mod) la sento molta, specie tramite SimVibe, che nel caso dei laser mi fa sentire ogni imperfezione dell'asfalto,mentre negli standard in rettilineo, ad esempio, non sento nulla, si percepiscono giusto i cordoli e qualche buca più marcata.

PS: ho letto ora il post di Aris, e in pratica loro hanno "comprato" questo tracciato fatto da un modder esterno e poi l'hanno aggiustato un po, ma in pratica si tratta sempre di un tracciato mod, per me sarà a livello dei migliori circuiti mod che si trovano in giro come Grobnik o Barbagallo, che sono nettamente inferiori a quelli originali AC. Bhò comunque staremo a vedere e spero di sbagliarmi.

Edited by dedraro

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petrarca

• MaoZeTung

• atchoo

• Taranta

L'ultima live coding session di Stefano Casillo dedicata ad Assetto Corsa, fra le tante notizie interessanti, ha confermato anche che la nuova pista di Zandvoort, che sarà rilasciata gratuitamente nel Bonus Pack con il prossimo update 1.2 del software, non è stata realizzata con la tecnologia laser scan. La risposta odierna di Aris della Kunos Simulazioni ha chiarito lo sviluppo interno della "questione Zandvoort".

Hello everybody, wow what a thread. I'll be honest I didn't had the time to read it all from start today. So please forgive me if I have missed any important posts from specific people, that might need a specific answer.
So Zandvoort is not laser scanned. Why? Is this going to be the end of laser scanned tracks for AC? Why we didn't tell you from the beginning? I'll answer all this one by one. The answers are more straightforward than you might think and there are no side secrets. Here we go.

Why?
It's a simple experiment. The track is made by a modder with GPS and CAD data, although it was never released in public. Simone obviously made the necessary improvements and we tried to bring the track up to par, but without losing too much development time. Thus the release is free.
As I said it is an experiment. We want to see your reaction, we want to see if it's a yes or no. If the community thinks that a non laser scanned circuit made by modders is a good thing to have, then we might contact more modders and ask the license from the respective real tracks owners. Tracks like Donington or Paul Ricard could be great examples... but we'll see.
If you guys do not appreciate it, then the experiment is a failure and we won't waste more time with things like that. So thank you for voicing your opinion on this.

Is this going to be the end of laser scanned tracks for AC?
You should already know the answer to this. Barcelona is being totally laser scanned and in various configurations. Simone is hard at work on this amazing track and I can assure you the result is impressive!
Brands Hatch has been just laser scanned and boy what a track it is, I can't wait to drive it in AC.
More will follow.

Why we didn't tell you from the beginning?
Why? Good question. Guilty as charged. We said from the beginning we need to communicate this as fast as possible and then one thing brings another, simple things like "don't talk about that now, console announcement is more important, E3 is more important, wait Brands Hatch is happening now..." and things like that. We didn't find the window and... well what can I say, we should have told you before, I'm sincerely sorry we didn't.

Ok ok ok but again, why offer something as official content when everybody can get it from free from a modder? What's the point? Why go to all this trouble?
I have the answer to this and it is much more simple than you think. AC has sold hundreds of thousands of copies and we are so grateful for this. While mods are very popular, in the "community" their download numbers are way too low in comparison to the total user base of AC. So buying a modder content and offering it as an official licensed content of AC is a win win situation for everybody.
We get an extra content to convince more people to buy AC.
Modder gets his work recognised and paid.
Licensor gets his fair share for the content
Thousands of people get a new content that would have never try before, especially for the future console users.

So always remember, the AC user base, which is what brings future to AC for us and for all of you as the project is alive and healthy, is much much bigger than the hundred-ish people that are constantly active in this forum. It's a much bigger world than what you think. Something that you feel is easy to get, is not so easy for the vast majority.
Hope all of the above makes the situation more clear, again sorry for not writing all of this some weeks ago. I hope you all looking forward to the bonus pack which as usual will be everything discussed and then some more! Multi, AI, contents... everything updated and improved. Step by step we make AC better and better. Thank you all for your support and feedback.

fonte AC forum

"Quantity over quality"

Beh chi può biasimarli. Peccato.

Edited by Petrarca

"Quantity over quality"

Certo, infatti non a caso oltre a Barcellona hanno anche appena annunciato Brands Hatch in laser scan. E la pista nessuno ancora l'ha provata per vedere com'è stata fatta.

Il lupo perde il pelo ma non il vizio. Peccato.

"Quantity over quality"

Certo, infatti non a caso oltre a Barcellona hanno anche appena annunciato Brands Hatch in laser scan. E la pista nessuno ancora l'ha provata per vedere com'è stata fatta.

Il lupo perde il pelo ma non il vizio. Peccato.

Visto che sei un tipo particolarmente arguto ti rispondo con una citazione ed una semplice immagine:

So always remember, the AC user base, which is what brings future to AC for us and for all of you as the project is alive and healthy, is much much bigger than the hundred-ish people that are constantly active in this forum. 

Immagine.png

Tra l'altro se avessero detto che era laser scanned il 95% dell'utenza, secondo me, non se ne sarebbe accorta.

Anzi, se proprio esperimento deve essere, io avrei fatto così. 

Non mi è chiaro comunque il vantaggio che avremmo ad avere piste di questo tipo fornite da Kunos invece che dai modder come facciamo quotidianamente...

Mi pare che Aris lo abbia spiegato chiaramente...

why offer something as official content when everybody can get it from free from a modder? What's the point? Why go to all this trouble?
I have the answer to this and it is much more simple than you think. AC has sold hundreds of thousands of copies and we are so grateful for this. While mods are very popular, in the "community" their download numbers are way too low in comparison to the total user base of AC. So buying a modder content and offering it as an official licensed content of AC is a win win situation for everybody.
We get an extra content to convince more people to buy AC.
Modder gets his work recognised and paid.
Licensor gets his fair share for the content
Thousands of people get a new content that would have never try before, especially for the future console users.

So always remember, the AC user base, which is what brings future to AC for us and for all of you as the project is alive and healthy, is much much bigger than the hundred-ish people that are constantly active in this forum. It's a much bigger world than what you think. Something that you feel is easy to get, is not so easy for the vast majority.

Edited by atchoo

Il fatto che alle piste laserscan vengano affiancate anche altre nonlaserscan non è poi così negativo da un certo punto di vista.....la prima cosa che mi viene in mente è che ad esempio col "sistema Zandvoort" potrebbero implementare finalmente piste americane non riproducibili in LS per i motivi spiegati mille volte, che sicuramente non sarebbero al livello di quelle LS ma superiori a quelle robe che girano in rete

Il fatto che alle piste laserscan vengano affiancate anche altre nonlaserscan non è poi così negativo da un certo punto di vista.....la prima cosa che mi viene in mente è che ad esempio col "sistema Zandvoort" potrebbero implementare finalmente piste americane non riproducibili in LS per i motivi spiegati mille volte, che sicuramente non sarebbero al livello di quelle LS ma superiori a quelle robe che girano in rete

E darebbe modo a tanti modder di capire come fare i circuiti

...potrebbero implementare finalmente piste americane non riproducibili in LS per i motivi spiegati mille volte...

Cioè? probabilmente sarà l'orario, ma non ti seguo.