Guest CAR Posted July 18, 2011 Posted July 18, 2011 (edited) I mean neutral between 1st & reverse, not a false neutral as I don't use the H-shifter (cos on the G25 it's crap =)). I use Fraps to record the lap, then edit it in Windows Movie Maker (or you can use something more professional such as Sony Vegas), mainly to reduce the file size to something that doesn't take all day to upload Edited July 18, 2011 by CAR
Guest jeffong_hk Posted July 18, 2011 Posted July 18, 2011 I mean neutral between 1st & reverse, not a false neutral as I don't use the H-shifter (cos on the G25 it's crap =)). I use Fraps to record the lap, then edit it in Windows Movie Maker (or you can use something more professional such as Sony Vegas), mainly to reduce the file size to something that doesn't take all day to upload oh now i'm confused again. i get it that you can quickly shift down to neutral (as in between 1st and reverse) when you spin out to prevent a stall, that would simply be going down the gears before you stall. but i'm not sure how you downshift from say 3rd to 2nd on sequential with a neutral in between the 3rd and 2nd with auto clutch off in order to blip the throttle for a smooth downshift? what i do now is i have auto clutch on, and i brake with my left foot, and i blip the throttle with my right foot the same time as i press the downshift button.
Guest CAR Posted July 18, 2011 Posted July 18, 2011 Sorry to confuse you , all I meant is that I'm not knocking it out of gear or anything. Do you have a button mapped as the clutch?
Guest jeffong_hk Posted July 18, 2011 Posted July 18, 2011 Sorry to confuse you , all I meant is that I'm not knocking it out of gear or anything. Do you have a button mapped as the clutch? sadly no. i tried but apparently i can't.
Guest jeffong_hk Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 I downloaded race studio 2. according to the NKpro faq, there should be a set up window to enable data logging, but i cannot find it. any ideas?
Guest CAR Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 Ah, I think mapping a clutch button was with an older patch, as if having to enable data logging, as the telemetry file's automatically dumped. The only bug you have to watch out for (at least I think it's still present) is that if you save a replay it won't dump the telemetry, although you can manually rename the temporary replay file to get around this. So in C:\Users\Username\Documents\netKar PRO\replays you'll see a file called cr, rename this to whateveryouwant.nkr (a handy trick if you forget to save replays from races etc.). Also as your using auto-clutch there's a neat start procedure. On the grid shift down a gear but keep your button/paddle/shifter held down, then with the other one shift into first. Buildup the revs then release it & off you go This won't work if you have simple gear on or auto-clutch off (but if you have auto-clutch off you can just buildup the revs in neutral & shift into 1st).
Guest jeffong_hk Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 Ah, I think mapping a clutch button was with an older patch, as if having to enable data logging, as the telemetry file's automatically dumped. The only bug you have to watch out for (at least I think it's still present) is that if you save a replay it won't dump the telemetry, although you can manually rename the temporary replay file to get around this. So in C:\Users\Username\Documents\netKar PRO\replays you'll see a file called cr, rename this to whateveryouwant.nkr (a handy trick if you forget to save replays from races etc.). Also as your using auto-clutch there's a neat start procedure. On the grid shift down a gear but keep your button/paddle/shifter held down, then with the other one shift into first. Buildup the revs then release it & off you go This won't work if you have simple gear on or auto-clutch off (but if you have auto-clutch off you can just buildup the revs in neutral & shift into 1st). that's cool, so basically holding the button would be like clutching in? yea i realized after looking up in the aim folder that there's a file there. then i tried to open it with the race studio analysis program, but it kept crashing when it was asking me to save the drk file. now i'm downloading another version of the release to see if that solves the problem.
Guest CAR Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 (edited) Kind of, apart from you don't have the same control when pulling away, but I use this procedure for the KS2 (even if it does result in a little more tyre smoke than others ) & it's pretty effective long as you have the right amount of revs + warm tyres + a good reaction time I don't used race studio all that much, but did notice recently it'll crash if you try to import an incomplete telemetry file (one where you haven't completed a lap). Edited July 19, 2011 by CAR
Guest jeffong_hk Posted July 19, 2011 Posted July 19, 2011 Kind of, apart from you don't have the same control when pulling away, but I use this procedure for the KS2 (even if it does result in a little more tyre smoke than others ) & it's pretty effective long as you have the right amount of revs + warm tyres + a good reaction time I don't used race studio all that much, but did notice recently it'll crash if you try to import an incomplete telemetry file (one where you haven't completed a lap). finally got it working is there a place where i can find the best lap times and watch the pros drive?
Wally Posted July 20, 2011 Posted July 20, 2011 Kind of, apart from you don't have the same control when pulling away, but I use this procedure for the KS2 (even if it does result in a little more tyre smoke than others ) & it's pretty effective long as you have the right amount of revs + warm tyres + a good reaction time I don't used race studio all that much, but did notice recently it'll crash if you try to import an incomplete telemetry file (one where you haven't completed a lap). finally got it working is there a place where i can find the best lap times and watch the pros drive? You can see the best lap times for many tracks here: http://www.wagenvoort.net/rank/track-records.php
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now