netKar PRO v1.1 FULL released - Page 4 - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

there might be a problem with CPU not supporting SSE2 set, this will cause a crash, I am currently trying to prove the theory since, as usual :sticazzi: , i can't reproduce any of the problems on our PCs here.

Guest maxxmoto
Posted

there might be a problem with CPU not supporting SSE2 set, this will cause a crash, I am currently trying to prove the theory since, as usual :sticazzi: , i can't reproduce any of the problems on our PCs here.

Interesting... will this cure my FPS problem too?(I'm using a Pentium IV 2400..) :dribble:

Guest Russell Daly
Posted (edited)

There hasn't been news that Kunos can reproduce or prove exactly what the problem is.

If I can help testing in some way (my CPU appears to not be supported) then please let me know, I'm willing to help.

Edited by Russell Daly
Guest Wille
Posted

Hello,

I also experienced a black screen with v1.1. I tested as a demo user.

Got out of pits succesfully and after 2 corners graphics got messed up and suddenly the whole screen went black. Killed Netkar via task manager to get back to desktop.

The log file shows this error repeatedly : "device->Present Failed D3DERR_DEVICELOST"

I did a clean install of version 1.1 (deleted all previous versions first). Beta versions worked fine on my pc.

My computer is Windows XP Home SP 3 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ dual core processor (Manchester).

It supports the following instructions (MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64).

It also has Nvidia 7900GT graphics card with latest drivers installed.

I attached the log-file Netkar created in this post. (I cut down some repetitive entries so that it could be attached.)

Hope this helps to hunt down the problem.

Kind regards,

Wille

log.txt

Guest lovretta
Posted

Hey guys, today i installed XP on my old machine:

Celeron 1.4GHz "Tualatin"

VIA KT 133 Chipset

768 MB SD RAM (100 MHz)

GeForce MX440 64 MB

Installed nkp 1.1. UI runs fine, but when i press drive it shows loading screen and doesn't get any further then "Initialising..." - and then it shows "nks.exe error", and it saves dump. I've attached three dumps here, so kunos may be able to cofirm its lack of SSE instructions that are causing trouble. I did this only for test purposes, so not really a problem for me.

/not allowed to upload .7z file so uploaded to mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kvidni2tdu2/nkp%20dumps.7z

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.