Guest CAR Posted April 11, 2010 Posted April 11, 2010 If I Alt Tab I can see an error message stating a log has been saved. You could try posting your log (and maybe Kunos will be around to take a look). Also you might wanna post in the Italian section (in English) as you're more likely to get a response
Guest NightShift Posted April 11, 2010 Posted April 11, 2010 UPD: and a little question: why I can shift gears without using clutch? All "auto and simple" stuff is off... Basically it's the same as in iRacing. You can use the clutch but it has little practical value. The matter was discussed with Kunos back in Sep 09 both here and RSC (the old one) when Beta 1 was released and he did not seem interested in making the transmission modeling more realistic. His main point being: since there are no FFB shifters, the sim can't prevent the user from moving the stick wherever he wants. It was suggested that this is not a big limitation and to adopt a LFS-like transmission modeling, but he didn't reply to that IIRC.
Guest lvlo Posted April 11, 2010 Posted April 11, 2010 Basically it's the same as in iRacing. You can use the clutch but it has little practical value. The matter was discussed with Kunos back in Sep 09 both here and RSC (the old one) when Beta 1 was released and he did not seem interested in making the transmission modeling more realistic. His main point being: since there are no FFB shifters, the sim can't prevent the user from moving the stick wherever he wants. It was suggested that this is not a big limitation and to adopt a LFS-like transmission modeling, but he didn't reply to that IIRC. Meh, this is sad news... I thought such behavior was an issue in betas. From other side, it's one more "plus" to LFS: I jump into it from time to time to correct my shifting reflexes... and, you know, I just can't shift gears for several first laps :!!: Thanks for the answer.
dido Posted April 11, 2010 Posted April 11, 2010 Basically it's the same as in iRacing. You can use the clutch but it has little practical value. The matter was discussed with Kunos back in Sep 09 both here and RSC (the old one) when Beta 1 was released and he did not seem interested in making the transmission modeling more realistic. His main point being: since there are no FFB shifters, the sim can't prevent the user from moving the stick wherever he wants. It was suggested that this is not a big limitation and to adopt a LFS-like transmission modeling, but he didn't reply to that IIRC. Meh, this is sad news... I thought such behavior was an issue in betas. From other side, it's one more "plus" to LFS: I jump into it from time to time to correct my shifting reflexes... and, you know, I just can't shift gears for several first laps :!!: Thanks for the answer. Run a bicicle brake cable from your clutch pedal to your shifter, some DIY to manufacture a leverage wich block the shifter unless the pedal is down and done! I'm serious...
Guest NightShift Posted April 11, 2010 Posted April 11, 2010 Meh, this is sad news... I thought such behavior was an issue in betas. From other side, it's one more "plus" to LFS: I jump into it from time to time to correct my shifting reflexes... and, you know, I just can't shift gears for several first laps :!!: I was disappointed too, and like us many others who were expecting a fully simulated transmission from nKp which has a reputation for uncompromised realism. But TBH I don't feel a need to adjust my shifting technique in different sims. I heel'n'toe just the same in nKp, LFS or iRacing. The only difference is LFS will penalize me for a mistake, in the other two the gear will engage the same.
Guest Russell Daly Posted April 11, 2010 Posted April 11, 2010 If I Alt Tab I can see an error message stating a log has been saved. You could try posting your log (and maybe Kunos will be around to take a look). Also you might wanna post in the Italian section (in English) as you're more likely to get a response Thanks. I updated my video card drivers but that didn't help. Never had this issue with any previous version or with the 1.1 betas. I tried attaching the dmp file to this post but the forum won't allow that type of file. A bit stupmed.
Guest lvlo Posted April 12, 2010 Posted April 12, 2010 (edited) Thanks.I updated my video card drivers but that didn't help. Never had this issue with any previous version or with the 1.1 betas. I tried attaching the dmp file to this post but the forum won't allow that type of file. A bit stupmed. Log file is too big as forum attachment - you can upload it at some file sharing site. Filedropper.com for example. Do you have a clean install of 1.1 or over previous beta? I was disappointed too, and like us many others who were expecting a fully simulated transmission from nKp which has a reputation for uncompromised realism.But TBH I don't feel a need to adjust my shifting technique in different sims. I heel'n'toe just the same in nKp, LFS or iRacing. The only difference is LFS will penalize me for a mistake, in the other two the gear will engage the same. I don't have problem with "hell&toe" neither mate, but my upshifting is going a bit wrong after iR Run a bicicle brake cable from your clutch pedal to your shifter, some DIY to manufacture a leverage wich block the shifter unless the pedal is down and done! I'm serious... too serious for me... Edited April 12, 2010 by lvlo
Hyper Posted April 13, 2010 Posted April 13, 2010 (edited) Bug report: - sometimes when pressing enter the chat box does not appear. I just did an online session and it seemed very consistant bug that when you exit pits and someone joins when you are drivng the chat does not come up. Usually the chat finally appears (when pressing enter) when you pit and drive around a bit. Or sometimes when someone else says something. - the steering lock does not match with the visuals in replays. The fronts turn much more in replays that I steered while I was driving. Maybe it's an issue with the setups or with the steering calibration... Liking the cars so far, F2000 is just much better than it has been before. The only car I kind of dislike is the abarth which seems to suffer from excessive understeer. It used to be that way in past versions but somehow it feels much worse now. Edited April 13, 2010 by Hyper
Guest NightShift Posted April 13, 2010 Posted April 13, 2010 - the steering lock does not match with the visuals in replays. The fronts turn much more in replays that I steered while I was driving. Maybe it's an issue with the setups or with the steering calibration... This has been discussed already, unfortunately I can't seem to be able to find the solution...
Guest Russell Daly Posted April 14, 2010 Posted April 14, 2010 (edited) Do you have a clean install of 1.1 or over previous beta? Yes, cleared all traces. Updated video drivers etc too. 1.1 beta worked immediately before new V1.1 because I loaded it to make note of some settings. Edited April 14, 2010 by Russell Daly
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now