F1C 1950-2004 mod.

Guest yanden

Guest yanden

Z modeler requires you to extract the Team.mas files in order to change the car shape. In order to do that you need the Mas2Files.exe file from MasStudio 2002. You place it in a temporary folder along with the Team.mas file you wish to extract and the seasons cmaps.mas file in the same folder. Then using the command prompt you need to place a query so you can extract the files.

For example. Say you have these files in a temporary folder on your c drive named...f1c. You make another folder inside this one called teammas and then go to the command prompt and type...

c:\f1c\Mas2Files.exe c:\f1c\Team.mas c:\f1c\teammas

Basically what this is, is this. The first queary in the code c:\f1c\Mas2Files.exe points to the Mas2Files.exe file which is needed to be used to extract the .mas file. The second queary that is c:\f1c\Team.mas points to the team.mas file so the Mas2Files.exe knows which file you wish to extract, and finally the last queary c:\f1c\teammas tells the system and Mas2Files.exe where to extract the files. teammas been the folder you made in the f1c directory.

Once you have done that it will tell you that something is busy or to overwrite a directory. You always select yes by just pressing y and then the enter button. You will see some lines as the extraction process completes then the files will be in the teammas folder of the f1c directory. Or the directory you put it in if you don't wish to call it f1c as I did.

You then open the Zmodeler and open the .MTS files. NOT all. You have to find the right ones to open for each team. Each team.mas will extract both drivers MTS files. So you will need to watch carefully and see which are the ones you need to open. They usually have the car numbers but the files also have 3 to 4 different files for the same thing where you only need to open one. of each part.

If a file doesn't open then you will need to select on the open screen the MTS (F1 2001) selection in the supported formats. If that doesn't work then use MTS (F1 2002) in the selection. Either way one of those two will work.

There are tutorials but the site doesn't work at this stage. I will put up a link when it does.

Basically I need people who can help in these areas.

- Car Design

- Track Building

- Livery making

- Programmer

- Image Designer (backgrounds, team icons, season icons and that sort of stuff)

- FMV (Intro movie and Ending Credits) Designer/Programmer

And that is basically it. But if you are experience in anything not up there feel free to ask me if you can help. There are never too many people working on this project. All people who have helped or contributed in this project will be in the credits.

To Rick Hunter: If you have msn or Aim, PM me you're contact so we can talk under better circumstances.

I will have a few more screenshots up later on today. Thanks for the support.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spacekid

• ciccioculo

Guest Rick Hunter

Basically I need people who can help in these areas.

- Car Design

- Track Building

- Livery making

- Programmer

- Image Designer (backgrounds, team icons, season icons and that sort of stuff)

- FMV (Intro movie and Ending Credits) Designer/Programmer

i might not have time in my busy schedual to learn how to mod at this time but i can make intro movies very well, i do know how to make movies and good one's at that. all i need is a good program converter and i could wip you up a good intro movie in no time biggrin.gif

p.s. ill IM you when i get home from school or so

Guest yanden

If you can make good intro movies, then we could use you. We do need osmeone in that area, so your help there would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Rick Hunter

ive spoken to yaden a couple of times and he's very determined to release this mod he's even got the partner's to back it up

Guest yanden
I hope thats not a fake...its a very big project!

Good luck to you!

This is not a joke. In a week you will see the 98 mod and that will strengthen your belief in this project. smile.gif

Guest Uff
I hope thats not a fake...its a very big project!

Good luck to you!

This is not a joke. In a week you will see the 98 mod and that will strengthen your belief in this project. smile.gif

How is it going on 1998 mod? It promises very well!!

Ciauz! happy204.gif

Guest yanden

Its going really well actually. It should be out by end of this week unless we haven't finished fixing all the images that require fixing. Other then that there is nothing else to complete on it so it should be out by the end of this week. smile.gif

Its going really well actually. It should be out by end of this week unless we haven't finished fixing all the images that require fixing. Other then that there is nothing else to complete on it so it should be out by the end of this week. smile.gif

Wonderful news, guy! Thank you! happy204.gifsbava.gifciao.gif

Ciauz!