track-building and other

Guest el_bec

Guest Rikki

Really great stuff el_bec...... can you please post some more pictures of the track? I'm also not sure about permission, but there are several versions of the track already availabale for other sims, so maybe permission is not needed rolleyes.gif

Guest el_bec

atm i am working (over night, day sleeping) and only have time after work in the morning to have a short look in my forums...but on monday i am ready with working and will prepare some screens. i am still waiting for the permission. in which sims do you found the track? i heard from a Nascar-Sim, are there any others too? but extracting and converting the tracks especially from sportscar is extremely easy, and in SCGT there are other tracks which i am looking for to convert, its Mosportpark and Sebring...

Guest Bacchulum

Is there a limit to the length of circuits in netKar?

My favourite track is Circuito de Milano from GPL and I was hoping it may be available for netKar one day. wink.gif

Guest max 2

Monza circuit is in development by Outrunner.

He is working on the tracks... why I write tracks becouse he is going to relase (don't know when) the monza circuit of the 70's 80's and of our days, if u check in the italian forum u can read a thread where he explain the confiuration and the differences of the same track trought the years!

Guest Bacchulum

The version I really enjoy is the one that include the oval. asd.gifrockwoot.gifasd.gif

Unfortunately I can't read/speak/understand Italian, so I'll have to take your word for it. cool.gif

Guest el_bec

bad news! EA dont give permission! so i wont go on with converting from SCGT.

letz see, i dont know which track i will start now ...depends on the infos i will find about a track. i just looked for Long Beach, but i am also thinking about building portland smile.gif

i'll report...

• 2 weeks later...

I dont understand why the track making prosses is soo tedious for this game. There has to be some way around breaking the track into 100's of peices and the lack in multi/subobject materials. Most other games use the material names to designate object and surface types.

I made a lofting tutorial a while ago and I plan on making a more in depth one soon. This tutorial was made for getting a track from the design stage and into F1C, but the first half is universal to all sims for the most part. http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=131950

Edit: In retrospect I am starting to see the genius behind the sectoring of netKar tracks. Im sure that it helps to make detailed tracks more efficient by only prossesing the polygons that are in contact with the car and making the rest into scenery untill you drive over them. It also seems to help handle the timing of the track cams, making them activate where you want rather than at a determined distance.