Track making ? - netKar PRO Forums - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Track making ?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

Real greate Sim....

I try to make a track, but how big is a "unit" in nK ?

I use 3DStudioMax 4.2

Guest outrunner
Posted

Hi Zigma,

simple: 1 MAX Unit = 1 Meter in nK. Don't matter about specific unit in 3D MAX: use General Units and you're right.

Cheers,

OutRunner

Guest fiambre
Posted

.... and what i do to put tracks facing south in 3ds max??

:ambu:

:stupid:

  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Karl Hedges
Posted

I am really longing for an OVAL track eclipsee_steering.gif

This type of track, I think, would be a great track to learn to drive on. happy204.gif

Dam greeeaaaat game though...................... smilie_pokal.gif

Posted
I am really longing for an OVAL track eclipsee_steering.gif

This type of track, I think, would be a great track to learn to drive on. happy204.gif

Dam greeeaaaat game though...................... smilie_pokal.gif

karl: i know there are some problems on ovals, try to contact si3v, i think he's doing the rockingham full oval track...

Guest T. Diesel
Posted

I did try to make an oval....but i noticed very quickly that the cars slide sideways if you tilt the road too much...it's actually quite weird effect. If you put the start box into an tilted curve, you will find the car from the kerbs before the green light is on smile.gif

Also tried to make these small bumps into the road, but the car usually ends up upside down...still working on the bump scales to get something out from the bumps

I gave up the oval and I'm now making track based on the local streets near where i live.

Guest Karl Hedges
Posted

Ecio,

Thx, but I am a patient man, I will await til a good Oval track appears, in the mean time I shall continually race on the many excellent tracks available so far.

smilie_pokal.gif

Posted
I did try to make an oval....but i noticed very quickly that the cars slide sideways if you tilt the road too much...it's actually quite weird effect. If you put the start box into an tilted curve, you will find the car from the kerbs before the green light is on smile.gif

sorry for late reply smile.gif

the fact you're talkin about is quite strange because rockingham have no problems with a "tilted" start .... maybe it works because it's not so "tilted" biggrin.gif

Guest T. Diesel
Posted

LOL...might be, my "oval" (more like a full circle "deathring" tongue.gif) track was quite a lot tilted ...heh... it was only half serious test tho (my first track) smile.gif, aim was to start making the street track and just test track making with the oval...but never finished it from the obvious reasons.

Maybe I'll get back to the oval, when i get the street track finished, (some time during the next millennia) biggrin.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.