Nissan Primera BTCC 1999 by Patrik Marek - Page 2 - Road/Sport Cars Mods - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

headlights will be difficult to get right, starting experimenting with shaders and textures, .. will be interesting if I can get them to look close to real headlights,
many challenges to face there I suppose

I have 2 surfaces, one is the main glass with autotrader logo, and then inside is another layer with just the bump, and below is the chrome mirror stuff
this would work great with refraction, but I don't know if there is any way to create some similar effect with AC tools

U2jaXf2l.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

nothing like spedning 3 hours doing "invisible" work .. something that will be so rarely seen , but oh well, at least one of them I really wanted to do properly (meaning one of my cars doing in highest possible detail, including parts that are at the moment not visible in AC)
closing gaps of the interior/chassis mesh, modeling the insides etc.

interior still far from closed, many holes to fill yet, but it's slowly getting there,
doors now have the other side for the interior
eagle eyed followers will spot sidemarker clear.png

all these are again the blocking phase, before actual detail will go into it .. plus I was thinking that this blocking could be used for the lowres cockpit

 

FQ2oELZs.jpg KlkM6XQs.jpg xQ4RoVcs.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

mind you, this was just viewport preview and probably with wrong gamma, so it comes out too strong, but I would use it as source texture anyway, and manipulate it in photoshop for best result

not only it gives model more depth, but to best of my knowledge you can use it to tonedown reflection - and this makes huge differences in how the car looks like
for example the front spitter, which is inside of the car, and with AO is pretty much black,

in game it "shines"

 

BaVSjz2l.jpg

 

doing the AO pass will not only darken that area , but when reflection will be toned down, it will look much more realistic,
hopefully will be able to show this soonish

Posted

and here is the initial baked version,

will do some tweaking here and there, to make sure it's all solid, but so far looking good, .. this image is pure texture, no illumination, no soft shadows from viewport
this will be the base for the texture, the previous AO image was a viewport render, this one is actual texture

mCPGgyQl.jpg

Posted

so I did make quite some progress over the last week + weekend, started on the livery,
did a lot of work on rims + brake discs, baked AO for lights

still havent' figured out the Auto Trader sticker, the layer with glass bump behind it shows over it, so I will either have to cut it out from the bump glass, or not use the sticker .., I started thread about the issue to see if Kunos will give any tips, but to me it sems that having 2 layer of glass is causing some issues unfortunately,
next week I will be focusing mostly on my other projects,
as for the Primera, the next step now is to start working on the cockpit mostly, and in the meantime, improve some textures/shaders,

I'm quite happy about the rims, even though they might be bit too shiny

 

HOhhtals.jpg R0amnEqs.jpg

 

detail of the rims/brakediscs
the brake calipers are not done yet

note: most texture ( with the excpetion of the body) are most likely going to be halved in resolution for the final version, to make it easier on memory/fps/filesize

 

zOeyvPqs.jpg

Posted

thanks to Kunos, specifically @Si3v I was able to fix layering problem with the transparency and seems that all the layers on glass are now doing what they should be doing

I added a paintable sitcker on glass, where people could put their name, or actually pretty much anything - given that they will change the alpha channel accordingly,
we also have a rear lights now clear.png

btw. it's crazy trying to work on so many projects at the same time ..it's like I go to rest by working on another project

 

JR4XSYDs.jpg NgDZZpAs.jpg

 

one more clear.png
man this will be fun once it's finished

 

RzHCfiDs.jpg

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

progressing nicely,

although, as I always say, interiors are pretty tricky to get right, since that area is very hard to cover with photos that don't have too much distortion ( such as wide lenses )
and especially keeping the proportions right, you build one part and sudenly the rest will look off,
but no worries, will keep going and see how it starts to shape up

feel free to comment on in-accuracies
the not smooth parts are blocking stage geom so that will be changed a lot

also, with new update, I did break the steering animation, apparently there is some problem with exporter, I can see the animation working in SDK (driver looking broken though) but once in game, no animation :-/ and I don't remember what I did last time to make it work

J4WMJiTl.jpg QMAX2rcl.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.