So76, Fiat Dallara

Guest Audi 100 Coupe S

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TechnoDeviL.NET

Guest eclipsee

Maybe this trick is old but I've found that you can add more detail to the rims at low cost (0 polygons) simply painting them.

post-29-1070300726.jpg

Guest Audi 100 Coupe S

Hi Ramon,

it's really not new but looks good on your picture. Nevertheless I think real 3D rims are more nicely. The Ferrari rims only have around 380 polygons and compared with old GTR2002 ones (around 500 +) it's ok I think.

So why not model the rims in 3D? ;)

Sven

BTW can you send the template (with lights and grille) to KNG?

Guest eclipsee

The grilles & lights templates have been sent to Kng few minutes ago. :)

About the wheels, I've tried to save some polys with that trick, concretely these wheels have 278 polys each one but if I model this bevel in 3D them will have 398 polys with the exactly same look as the originals so those 480 extra polygons (120x4) IMHO are not useful.

Guest Audi 100 Coupe S
The grilles & lights templates have been sent to Kng few minutes ago. :)

About the wheels, I've tried to save some polys with that trick, concretely these wheels have 278 polys each one but if I model this bevel in 3D them will have 398 polys with the exactly same look as the originals so those 480 extra polygons (120x4) IMHO are not useful.

I more meant the spokes of them ;)

Guest eclipsee

Oooops, I misanderstood you. :huh:

In fact, these rims aren't the originals of the Dallara, I was searching for those rims two afternoons without success, I found the actual ones, they are similiar and I think they fit ok with the car.

Beyond those rims (8 spoke) is so dark that I think an almost flat surface covers that but if you want I can model something different. :)