[WIP] Nissan DeltaWing by SuperAlex - Road/Sport Cars Mods - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

(W.I.P) Nissan DeltaWing
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster here. Just wanted to share something I'm working on for rFactor 2, the Nissan DeltaWing:

0l6Gvmkl.png

This is my fourth ever car, first in 3ds max (I have previously worked in Blender) and hopefully the first to have a truly public release.
I am focussing on the Nissan variant from 2012 for now, I'll think about the Elan powered 2013 car and the coupe only once the Nissan is finished.
This car has been something of a delve into the unknown for me, as not only am I using max for the first time, but also using splines (as opposed to editable polys) for the first time.
So far it seems to be working out, the surfaces on this car are much more complex than anything I've done before, but the splines seem to be producing the smooth bodywork without the dodgy ripples and artifacts I always got in Blender. There are still a few weird bits, which is why I took the render from the most flattering angle, but I think I can sort most of them out once I swap to an editable poly, which should be soon.
Anyway just thought I'd share it here and see what everyone thinks. Don't hold your breath for release, there's still a long way to go on just the model, not to mention textures (which I'm also hoping to step up my quality on) and physics (I haven't got a damn clue how this thing goes around corners!).
 
fonte Nogrip

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

gli ISI hanno confermato in un tweet che la Nissan Deltawing (quella vera) è stata creata e collaudata utilizzando l'engine GMotor2:

Love it or hate it, this is the clearest explanatory video I have seen about why the DeltaWing actually works. And of course it didn’t hurt that the car was built and tested using the isiMotor2 engine prior to its track debut…

alla domanda se sarà possibile vedere la vettura ufficialmente in rFactor2, la risposta è stata:
It’s possible, yes. Though not solid yes yet.

Posted

Hi guys, new update. Progress was slow for a while because I ended up rebuilding large sections of the car, but things have started to pick up lately, here are some more shots:

BoilEMcl.png

J7jahoZl.png

hDxcOs5l.png

js9LJEYl.png

The main bodywork is basically done and I am in the process of adding detail. I've probably gone overboard in some places (the LEDs at the back for example) but I figured it was easier to remove/simplify things later than it would be to add them if needed.

  • 8 months later...
Posted

is there any chance to get thiis 3d model from you? im an gtr2 modder so maby we can make a deal =)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.