Quick adjustment request before 1.3 final came out - Page 2 - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Quick adjustment request before 1.3 final came out


Recommended Posts

Posted

Turn off simple gear and autoclutch and then see how hard it is to change gears with the H pattern and no clutch. As F.Renault says, it can be done but requires loads of practice. however, using the paddles with aids off in the two FFs is actually harder to do than the default h pattern as the timing is slower if you force the paddles on, which is as it should be.

Kunos, if you are around, is there any prospect of the K,G, and P keys being changed to require a Shift/Alt type prefix to stop them being accidentally activated? Nothing worse when going for the L key to clear your visor and turning off your controls....usability nightmare.

Posted

Nothing worse when going for the L key to clear your visor and turning off your controls....usability nightmare.

can't you set the L key on a button of your steering wheel?

Posted

Yes, you can, though you need to use a 3rd party programme such as Joytokey to assign the buttons as the Logitech profiler doesn't seem to take ingame. However, there is still the problem of chatting ingame and turning things off/on without realizing it. It is just a simple usability issue that maybe wasn't caught in the development stage. I hear ppl cursing these keys in races all the time, and it seems it would be an easy fix.

Indeed, I would like to see all the AIM buttons assignable ingame too, like the engine start key and brake bias in the ingame controller setup.

just my 2 cents worth.

Posted

- as the Logitech profiler doesn't seem to take ingame.

- However, there is still the problem of chatting ingame and turning things off/on without realizing it.

- i have g25, i have assigned "L" key to a buttom near the gear, with logitech profile

- yes, true

Posted

that's reasonable.. now moved to SHIFT+K and SHIFT+P

Guest Silvio Tavares
Posted

Hi all,

I have a few things and some desires to point out to Kunos consider for the future...

Will start about the replays features, as I do love to watch and make vids from them. I see there is a concerning about it looking good and real, like the the true scenario reflection in the cars bodywork, and the crossing arms on the steering wheel. Both are terrific, gives immersion, transmits accuracy. However, there are some other bugs in the replay that ends spoiling the feature at the end. One of them I saw mentioned here briefly, is the forever missing wings on the open wheelers once you have an accident, even after fixing the car. The curious is, the car was fixed, the wings can´t be seen, but they are there, cause the car handles beautifully after fix, and also one can look the wings shadows on the road, despite they not display on cars. The cars look so bad missing wings.. the other awesome feature like the body work reflection thing, ends up sort of "useless" (not the right word, but I miss a proper one, sry) when facing this wing bug. It happens to all winged formulas, just with replays from online sessions, and just to your own car. Other drivers' cars looks perfect after repair.

Still on replays. When you drive on the wet for example... all great while driving.. however, the replays will always show slicks in the wet track. Also, the dirty/clean aspect of the tire lies sometimes on the replays.

Also about the wet replay.. Like we do have the awesome water drops on the helmet visor, would be really cool to have an equivalent feature to the onboard camera, to emulate the real life onboard footage... it would bring life to the wet replay viewing.

I miss some more camera options on the replays, specially a cockpit view on the touring cars (Abarth and Vintage) so we can enjoy the steering wheel work like we do in the OWs. If there was also an onboard view for this cars that shows the driver arms in action like all the externals do, would be pleasent as well.

Last thing about replays. I´d like to see a working "toggle free movement" for all the cameras. Sort of "doom mode", a unlock from default position for them all, that allows one to move lef, right, up, down, forward, backward, rotate clock/anti-clock wise and also 360° rotation. The 360° thing could be together with looking up and down both controlled with the mouse. This way one can look for unlimited angles and shots to enjoy replay. Video makers would enjoy fully those possibilities, and make nkpro look even better in creative ways. Smae applies to screen shots of the game.

And now last really (on replays) but not least, how about the sound being muted while replay is paused? The sound freezing together with image is quite disturbing, especially if you are spending a lot of time collecting captures to edit afterwards.

Other desires.

- more drivers availability online. I do believe most uf us would love to have more then 15 drivers on a race, as long as it doesn´t mean increasing lag expierence;

- the ability to exchange setups while online, in game.

- 16 bits video rendering option in the video settings. This is very usefull for some drivers that have not the ultimate PC. Some ppl really struggle fps wise depending on track and quantity of cars. Drivers with fps issues not only have their own experience spoiled, but they can easily spoil someone else race, decreasing overall racing quality.

- About skins. I noticed nkpro supports .png(ks2) and .pds(osella) formats. I like to work on the skin alpha channel for example. Png file extension doesn´t support alpha channels. Psd files does, but for some reason they they don´t work as I expected. I tryed editing an alpha channel for a Osella skin, and the result was the bodywork became invisible ingame. Giving rfactor as example on that.. it works with dds file format for skins, wich also suport alpha channels. The alpha channel is a monochromatic layer that goes together with the RGB channels (red green, blue). It have two functions depending on the objects: control transparecy and reflectivity. For example, control glass transparecy for car windows, or control light reflection of the body work. The lighter on the alpha, the more transparent for glass, and more metallic like for bodywork. The darker on the alpha, darker the glass, and less reflective the bodywork.

I have no idea how game differs glass material to other material, but I can tell how editing the alphas react for rfactor for example. When I tried in the Osella, my bodywork became invisible, showing just the driver and the chassis. It is serious feature about coming with skins... one have the ability to give and remove shine to their stuff, like making a number or a logo shine more then other parts when light pass over them. Or, make one color look metallic and other not, etc...

- I´d love to see a few new cars. I don´t mean hundreds of them.. but some, to complete the missing range.. Like a vintage Formula 1 car, 70s like maybe. A beast to be driven with H patter and clutch. A modern Formula 1 also. A GT car also... anything else you guys could thing about, in terms of completing the range "modern/vintage/low and high power" wise. Doesn´t need too much... it is already close to do it.. a few more would do nicely. I do prefer a few really good and accurate cars then a thousand weird mods like rfactor. I believe a lot of nkpro drivers agree on that. But ofr me personally, some few kind of vehicles are missing.

Despite all of this, I must say nkpro is the best racing sim I have ever drove, driving wise. It misses some features compared to some others, but any of them can compare on how nkpro handles... best physics and FFB response. If nkpro can catch them on the other things, it will be unbeatable.

Sorry for such a long "requiring post", but I just took the time to point out all these stuff because I really love nkpro, and wish I can stick with it and nothing more in a future. This is my choice about what I wanna race, but I see myself some often having the disgust to drive other sims because they cover some areas better then nkpro does ... YET! hopefully... :D

Cheers to all

Guest Bonskii
Posted

+1 to Silvio Tavares

Almost total agree :)

Guest bokoboko
Posted (edited)

+1 to Silvio Tavares also from me.

First of all thanks for the upcomin patch,finally all seems that we will have better online races and full servers as it was the top prioritybug,appriciate ur work!

Just to clear it out,if we ask something new to nkpro doesnt mean only that we want everything and to be done right now! Just asking for the future.

Now,as for the replays,there were so many times that i wanted to try to make a cool vid from a lap or a race and at the end i was leaving it cause i couldnt do much things..

Im telling that cause i know "Kunos" want to make nkpro more famous so more people buy it.

The priority is to make the sim better and better but apart from that there are other little things that can make it more "famous"..After the ks2 patch,people came to nkpro and started uploading videos to youtube..imagine if we can make cool vids how many more vids will be uploaded to youtube ;)

Many times(really) i wanted to start a thread with so many ideas-little things that will help nkpro but in the end i stopped it cause im not sure if i will be listened..

Anyway i suppose "Kunos" knows what to do...

I hope the new "Kunos team" put the nkpro first priority and continue making it better day by day

PS:i dont know about u guys but i think that nkpro is best in the important things like feeling,ffb,physics,tyres and it looses in smaller things! I mean..cmon!!! :D

I wish i had money and give to Stefano and put him in a house coding every day without going out of the house for ever!!!!!!

Edited by bokoboko

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.