nKP 1.1 and ATi graphics card preformance - Page 3 - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

nKP 1.1 and ATi graphics card preformance


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

Same problem on my computer :

CPU : AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition

CG : SAPPHIRE Vapor-X HD4850 (1 Go GDDR3, PCI-E16x)

This is not a big bug but it could be great if it could be solve.

Posted

... i had to revert to really old driver, or i get half the fps i have now.

... I tried several ati drivers versions, didn't help, except that this really old one gives me huge fps increase.

Hi friend.

My system is similar to yours, after several tests, now I'm using old Catalyst 8.10s ... can you tell us which are those "old drivers" that are the best for you ???

Thanks !!!

Guest lovretta
Posted

... i had to revert to really old driver, or i get half the fps i have now.

... I tried several ati drivers versions, didn't help, except that this really old one gives me huge fps increase.

Hi friend.

My system is similar to yours, after several tests, now I'm using old Catalyst 8.10s ... can you tell us which are those "old drivers" that are the best for you ???

Thanks !!!

Hello there, these old drivers i can't really tell what "catalyst" number they are, as in the filename it says "8.291", they are dated 08.12.2006.

I downloaded them from here - http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/VGA/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2395

You'll see it on the list, it's this oldest listed driver. Don't be worried it's Gigabyte page, those are the same as original ati drivers. I do have this Gigabyte card tough.

These are the only ones with wich i could run Monaco normally in 1.0.3. Without it, regardless of the settings i would always get fps as low as 15 as i remeber when going through the tunnel. With this it was perfectly fine. I reported it on RSC as soon as i found it out, but back then no one seemed to bother about this.

Also, with this driver you'll have to disable car shadows. You can do it in nk3d.cfg, located in My Documents/netKar PRO/cfg.

Open it and edit the:

REMOTESHDW=0

CARSHADOWS=0

You can do a shadow test prior to removing them. I had my own car shadow tiled across the track, so only cure is disabling them if you are about to use this driver.

Posted

Hello there, these old drivers i can't really tell what "catalyst" number they are, as in the filename it says "8.291", they are dated 08.12.2006.

I downloaded them from here - http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/VGA/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2395

You'll see it on the list, it's this oldest listed driver. Don't be worried it's Gigabyte page, those are the same as original ati drivers. I do have this Gigabyte card tough.

These are the only ones with wich i could run Monaco normally in 1.0.3. Without it, regardless of the settings i would always get fps as low as 15 as i remeber when going through the tunnel. With this it was perfectly fine. I reported it on RSC as soon as i found it out, but back then no one seemed to bother about this.

Also, with this driver you'll have to disable car shadows. You can do it in nk3d.cfg, located in My Documents/netKar PRO/cfg.

Open it and edit the:

REMOTESHDW=0

CARSHADOWS=0

You can do a shadow test prior to removing them. I had my own car shadow tiled across the track, so only cure is disabling them if you are about to use this driver.

Wow !!! they are really old ... if they are dated 08.12.2006 they must be Catalyst 7.1 !!!

Are they working OK with other games ? (which ones have you tested?)

Guest lovretta
Posted

Hello there, these old drivers i can't really tell what "catalyst" number they are, as in the filename it says "8.291", they are dated 08.12.2006.

I downloaded them from here - http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/VGA/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=2395

You'll see it on the list, it's this oldest listed driver. Don't be worried it's Gigabyte page, those are the same as original ati drivers. I do have this Gigabyte card tough.

These are the only ones with wich i could run Monaco normally in 1.0.3. Without it, regardless of the settings i would always get fps as low as 15 as i remeber when going through the tunnel. With this it was perfectly fine. I reported it on RSC as soon as i found it out, but back then no one seemed to bother about this.

Also, with this driver you'll have to disable car shadows. You can do it in nk3d.cfg, located in My Documents/netKar PRO/cfg.

Open it and edit the:

REMOTESHDW=0

CARSHADOWS=0

You can do a shadow test prior to removing them. I had my own car shadow tiled across the track, so only cure is disabling them if you are about to use this driver.

Wow !!! they are really old ... if they are dated 08.12.2006 they must be Catalyst 7.1 !!!

Are they working OK with other games ? (which ones have you tested?)

Well TBH only OTHER games i have tested it with, and all worked properly are:

rFactor (works with no problem, with that TechAde d3d9.dll memory management plugin (increases fps by huge margin))

GT Legends (haven't played it much, only know it works)

GTR 2 (also haven't tested it too much, just checked how the recently released Grobnik Rijeka looks)

Live For Speed

Richard Burns Rally (default content, wouldn't know how it is with RSRBR update, i guess it's the same)

netKar 0.9.9 namie :)

Grand Prix Legends aka GPL :)

GTA III & Vice City

And my brother plays Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 about... every day, it works with no errors for him.

All of the mentioned games & sims work with not a single error (graphics wise).

Posted

Thanks Lovretta, good info.

I'm using 8-10s now (in my two "good old" P4 3,2 gHz with 1950 Pro and 3850 HD), and I'm quite happy with them (except for Netkar :angry: )

I'm too lazy to test yours now, but if one day I've the courage I'll post my results here.

Gracias

Guest lovretta
Posted

Thanks Lovretta, good info.

I'm using 8-10s now (in my two "good old" P4 3,2 gHz with 1950 Pro and 3850 HD), and I'm quite happy with them (except for Netkar :angry: )

I'm too lazy to test yours now, but if one day I've the courage I'll post my results here.

Gracias

Hehe i know what you're talking about :)

But, as i understood, you have 1950 AND 3850 - both in a system? I really am not sure does 3850 work with these old drivers - is it even recognized by this old version.

Posted

Thanks Lovretta, good info.

I'm using 8-10s now (in my two "good old" P4 3,2 gHz with 1950 Pro and 3850 HD), and I'm quite happy with them (except for Netkar :angry: )

I'm too lazy to test yours now, but if one day I've the courage I'll post my results here.

Gracias

Hehe i know what you're talking about :)

But, as i understood, you have 1950 AND 3850 - both in a system? I really am not sure does 3850 work with these old drivers - is it even recognized by this old version.

No, no, I have two computers :sbava: , both are P4, and each one has his own card !!! Image quality is not good only in nKpro :flame: while it is quite good in other games ...

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest lovretta
Posted

Kunos, any news on this topic?

Guest NightShift
Posted

And topic... any news on Kunos? :dente:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.