What comes after 1.1 Full? - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

What comes after 1.1 Full?


Recommended Posts

Guest Darcy Callai Jr
Posted

- Multiplayer with 20 or 22 players?

- Waste of time when changing tires and repairs of damage to the pit stop (normal)?

- Touring cars with rear-wheel drive?

or NetKar PRO 2?

I think in the netKar has to evolve before moving to the development of netKar PRO 2.

To increase the multiplayer leagues may have more riders on the track and still be able to transmit streaming their races would be a good start for the 1.2 patch.This is important for an online simulator.

Posted

According on what Kunos said it will not be feasible to have more than 15 people on multiplayer without rewriting the code completely.

The "Waste of time when changing tires and repairs of damage to the pit stop" it's already there. Just activate the FULL MODE option on your server.

Guest Vange
Posted

According on what Kunos said it will not be feasible to have more than 15 people on multiplayer without rewriting the code completely.

The "Waste of time when changing tires and repairs of damage to the pit stop" it's already there. Just activate the FULL MODE option on your server.

Please note that FULL MODE is deprecated. (you won't get support on it if you encounter problems)

Posted

yes, you are right, but it works pretty well. It's being used in the most of the online championships.

Posted

- Touring cars with rear-wheel drive?

There was the MG ZS in netKar (namie). As for nKPro, who knows what may materialise in the future.

or NetKar PRO 2?

Isn't there already v1.2 (created for BRD)?

I think in the netKar has to evolve before moving to the development of netKar PRO 2.

One other thought; it was written somewhere (admittedly a long time ago) that an nKP licence was good for two version numbers, so is this still the case (it isn't important, I'm just curious)?

Guest NightShift
Posted

I'd like to see more cars myself, netKar Pro as it is now, is a bit monothematic.

It would be nice to have a light-weight low power FR spec racer to put up against the 500 AC (though it wouldn't be very realistic...)

One other thought; it was written somewhere (admittedly a long time ago) that an nKP licence was good for two version numbers, so is this still the case (it isn't important, I'm just curious)?

Last time I read about this, word was the current license will be valid until nKp 2. But since then I haven't read anything about nKp 2 itself...

Some sort of roadmap from KS would be welcome I suppose.

Guest Hoshi
Posted

Don't want to beat a dead horse but I really would like to see the Osella PA-21 in the next nKP incarnation.

Posted

Last time I read about this, word was the current license will be valid until nKp 2. But since then I haven't read anything about nKp 2 itself...

Have you already seen this? It sounds similar to the BRD race software.

Some sort of roadmap from KS would be welcome I suppose.

Well if a plan's laid out, everyone will start 'itching and moaning if things don't pan out in that exact way. Sometimes though developers set themselves up to fail, for example LFS with the Scirocco, or even Codies with F1 2010 by announcing features then having to drop them (meaning you're disappointed before you've even turned a wheel).

Don't want to beat a dead horse but I really would like to see the Osella PA-21 in the next nKP incarnation.

Seeing as it was announced for v1.03, it seems unlikely unless there's some technical reason why the Trento Bondone hillclimb wouldn't work in a normal version of nKPro (although there's also a video of it in an unreleased version of netBike so it should be possible)?

Guest Katsushika Matsumoto
Posted

Don't want to beat a dead horse but I really would like to see the Osella PA-21 in the next nKP incarnation.

Yeah that would really great, would make a make the car offerings a lot more versatile in my onion (tin top, formula's, track car :!!: ).

I remember reading somewhere (RSC I think) that the plan was to have it nKP 1.2.

Don't know if that falls under the license that I bought for 1.03 but if it's a payed upgrade I'll buy it day one :!!:

Guest NightShift
Posted

Have you already seen this? It sounds similar to the BRD race software.

Yup, but that's already almost 2 years old.

Well if a plan's laid out, everyone will start 'itching and moaning if things don't pan out in that exact way. Sometimes though developers set themselves up to fail, for example LFS with the Scirocco, or even Codies with F1 2010 by announcing features then having to drop them (meaning you're disappointed before you've even turned a wheel).

That's ironic, Scawen himself in August 2008 said sth along the lines of: "you won't drive this in a long time" :biggrin: (and he hardly set any goal!)

Back to the point: I agree it would be not wise to make any statement that may pass as a binding commitment; but, even if the nKp community was not any different from LFS' (and it is!), we currently have no clue about where nKp is headed to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.