Guest Ron Attwood Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 it sounds like a folder permission problem to me.. at the end of a session, nkserver.exe tries to save a session result file -> no write permissions -> crash -> clients see the server not responding. The fact that beta2 server is running fine and everybody seem to be scratching their head on this points to a very specific conf problem. Thanks for responding Stefano. I've got it working! None of this makes any sense but here goes. I changed the port to 9500 and changed my admin password. Now it's running as sweet as a nut! NOTHING else was changed. Stefano stop doing this to me, my time on Earth is short enough as it is! Right! Let's go racing!
Guest Jarkko Sihvola Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 (edited) Mine doesn't work. I don't have password/admin password, I have port 9500, of course opened in router and nkserver.exe in firewall. I started from nkserver.exe and after that tried to join myself to server. Server appears in lobby double, I don't know why? [CONFIGURATION] PORT=9500 BANDWIDTH=90 MODE=2 MAXCLIENTS=15 ACCEPTVERSION=113 NAME=Trellet.net 3/3 TRACK=crema CONFIGURATION= CAR=Formula1600; Formula1800; Formula2000; FormulaTarget PASSWORD= ADMIN= REGISTER=1 MULTIPORT=0 LOOP=1 WINNERBALLAST=0 FRONTTIRE= REARTIRE= FULLMODE=0 SESSIONS=3 [sESSION0] NAME=Practice TYPE=0 ESCMODE=0 MINLAPS=0 MAXLAPS=0 RACELAPS=60 VALIDPERC=100 SESTIME=3 WAITTIME=20 ACCEPTNEW=0 [sESSION1] NAME=Qualify TYPE=1 ESCMODE=0 MINLAPS=0 MAXLAPS=0 RACELAPS=15 VALIDPERC=100 SESTIME=3 WAITTIME=40 ACCEPTNEW=1 [sESSION2] NAME=Race TYPE=2 ESCMODE=0 MINLAPS=0 MAXLAPS=0 RACELAPS=3 VALIDPERC=100 SESTIME=60 WAITTIME=60 ACCEPTNEW=1 [ENTRYLIST] ENTRIES=0 USEFORGRID=0 Edited January 21, 2010 by Jarkko Sihvola
kunos Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 CAR=Formula1600; Formula1800; Formula2000; FormulaTarget you cannot do that
Guest Jarkko Sihvola Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 (edited) CAR=Formula1600; Formula1800; Formula2000; FormulaTarget you cannot do that Manual page 93/144 "CAR The car element defines the cars that are allowed to drive on the server. These can be any of the 4 available cars currently in netKar PRO: 1. Formula1600; 2. Formula1800; 3. Formula2000; 4. FTarget. Multiple car models in one server Using the nkservercfg.ini file, you can also enable multiple car models on one server. Example: Formula1600; Formula1800. This allows both the Formula1600 and the Formula1800 on one server to race together." Anyway, I got the same error message while trying just with Formula1600. Edited January 21, 2010 by Jarkko Sihvola
Guest SpikeyMarcoD Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 Its the 1.03 manual. Then this was possible. Now it is not anymore apperantly.
Guest Jarkko Sihvola Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 (edited) Its the 1.03 manual. Then this was possible. Now it is not anymore apperantly. Then maybe 1.0.3 manual, included to 3/3, should be updated someday. And why is this kind of nice feature(multiple car) taken away? Anyway, I got the same server error by using F1600 only. Edited January 21, 2010 by Jarkko Sihvola
Guest SpikeyMarcoD Posted January 22, 2010 Posted January 22, 2010 Its the 1.03 manual. Then this was possible. Now it is not anymore apperantly. Then maybe 1.0.3 manual, included to 3/3, should be updated someday. And why is this kind of nice feature(multiple car) taken away? Anyway, I got the same server error by using F1600 only. Are the codes really like the foldernames? It is shortened not? Like Ftarget, F2000? Well i have to admit its confusing. The code is equal to what you see in the server browser is all i can say.
Guest Jarkko Sihvola Posted January 26, 2010 Posted January 26, 2010 Today one of my friends got nkPRO server working. He had deleted controls, activeDriver and nkservercfg.ini files from main folder. I tried that too, but it didn't work for me, until I overwrite nkservercfg.ini in my documents by using my friend's nkservercfg.ini. I managed to become admin and change sessions with admin password 'test'. But on race, when lights turn to green it jumped automaticly to practise - weird. I also tested to be admin with longer password and I got error and server closed itself. So the admin password also has an effect. Even my friends server is working, he got also log message 'recvfrom SOCKET ERROR 10054:WSAECONNRESET'.
Guest CronoTR Posted January 26, 2010 Posted January 26, 2010 But on race, when lights turn to green it jumped automaticly to practise - weird. This is because when you are alone on a server, you only can win and if you leave the server it will stick in race.
Guest SpikeyMarcoD Posted January 27, 2010 Posted January 27, 2010 (edited) But on race, when lights turn to green it jumped automaticly to practise - weird. This is because when you are alone on a server, you only can win and if you leave the server it will stick in race. Well anyway you turn it its not an elegant way of doing things. Italians are know for elegance right? More things on netkars interface (not sim) are not elegant, like for instance the server client messages or the ingame chat, and could do with improvement that way. Edited January 27, 2010 by SpikeyMarcoD
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now