Guest Ron Attwood Posted January 18, 2010 Posted January 18, 2010 (edited) Situation: Dedicated server v3/3. Server shows in lobby, can join server, after one session (Practice) server stops responding 5-7 seconds after session ends. Consequently losing connection. This happens in either 2 or 3 session configuration. Dedi server for v2/3 works flawlessly on the same machine (no, not at the same time.)I have made a bug report. Edited January 18, 2010 by Ron Attwood
Guest Ron Attwood Posted January 19, 2010 Posted January 19, 2010 Situation: Dedicated server v3/3. Server shows in lobby, can join server, after one session (Practice) server stops responding 5-7 seconds after session ends. Consequently losing connection. This happens in either 2 or 3 session configuration. Dedi server for v2/3 works flawlessly on the same machine (no, not at the same time.)I have made a bug report. 30 views a no-one else has the same problem? Just me then.
VELOCIPEDE Posted January 19, 2010 Posted January 19, 2010 you have a firewall? you can post the txt of the dedicatedserver file?
wildsurfer Posted January 19, 2010 Posted January 19, 2010 Hey Ron, I don't have any problem running the newer version on our servers. If you want I can send you our cfg files, if you need them. Any more information about your system? Are you configuring using the nK GUI or something else?
Guest Ron Attwood Posted January 19, 2010 Posted January 19, 2010 My nkservercfg.ini [CONFIGURATION] PORT=27010 BANDWIDTH=300 MODE=2 MAXCLIENTS=10 ACCEPTVERSION=113 NAME=FinnglishRacing 3/3 TRACK=snetterton CONFIGURATION=Full Circuit CAR=Formula1600; PASSWORD= ADMIN=***** REGISTER=1 MULTIPORT=0 LOOP=1 WINNERBALLAST=0 FRONTTIRE= REARTIRE= FULLMODE=0 SESSIONS=2 [sESSION0] NAME=Practice TYPE=0 ESCMODE=0 MINLAPS=0 MAXLAPS=0 RACELAPS=7 VALIDPERC=100 SESTIME=10 WAITTIME=60 ACCEPTNEW=1 [sESSION1] NAME=Race TYPE=2 ESCMODE=0 MINLAPS=0 MAXLAPS=0 RACELAPS=7 VALIDPERC=100 SESTIME=10 WAITTIME=60 ACCEPTNEW=1 [ENTRYLIST] ENTRIES=0 USEFORGRID=0 Same problem whether it's 2 sessions or three. As I said, the server shows in the lobby and it can be joined. The trouble starts when the next session tries to start. It does the same thing if I click 'Next session' as an admin. OS: XP SP3 (same machine that v2/3 runs perfectly on) No I don't use the ingame GUI although I have tried it in order to try and find the problem. The port on my router is open (same port as v2/3) Oh, and due to the confusion over whether nkpserver.exe uses the ini file in My Documents or the one in cfg folder in the root, they are both the same. My head, my head!
Guest Ron Attwood Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 (edited) I know you're all desperate to hear of any updates. I have a look at my router settings and found, to my horror, that nKP had opened TCP/UDP 9500 all on it's own! That HAD to be the trouble eh? Er...no. I got rid of the rogue port leaving just the one I know works(TCP/UDP 27010). Fired it up again, yep, there it is in the lobby, joined, drove round a bit, added my admin password-no problem. When I pressed 'Next session' I bet you can't guess what happened next. Oh, you guessed. Yep, server stopped responding. netKar PRO, you test a man's devotion. Edited January 20, 2010 by Ron Attwood
Guest Ron Attwood Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Attached is the crash report. Is there anyone that reads these boards that understands this? I have now uninstalled everything that was nKP. I've cleared out the registry and made a nice fresh install. I'm now tearing my hair out and all I get is a deathly hush. :mad1: bcce_appcompat.txt
wildsurfer Posted January 20, 2010 Posted January 20, 2010 Ron I wish I could help you on this, but I have no clue.
Guest SpikeyMarcoD Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 Whats with that 27010 port? Nkpro uses the 9500 only right? Its in the manual it does,well unless you manually choose another.
kunos Posted January 21, 2010 Posted January 21, 2010 it sounds like a folder permission problem to me.. at the end of a session, nkserver.exe tries to save a session result file -> no write permissions -> crash -> clients see the server not responding. The fact that beta2 server is running fine and everybody seem to be scratching their head on this points to a very specific conf problem.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now