• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• pelice

• brenno

• Cipollino

Bellissimo.... sto raccogliendo i dinderi... ma aspetto comunque la versione 1.0 e soprattutto una conferma sulla futura compatibilit

• 2 weeks later...

v0.7.9.0 Beta testing - coming soon

Hi Guys,

Beta testing of the next version will start very soon. If you wish to participate, please read on.

Preparation

BACKUP - You should be doing this anyway, but make sure you backup your project before using the new BETA version. I test this on my own projects first but it still pays to be safe.

If you wish to keep your current version of BTB running, make a copy (do not just rename the current one) of the folder and name it something obvious like BobsTrackBuilderv0_7_0_6.

Uninstall BTB v0.7.0.6.

Installation

Link http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

Download and install as usual. Copy your existing license to the folder.

Known Issues

Sleep deprevation can be a side effect of editing to the wee small hours.

Reporting Problems

Please report problems with the Beta here.

Changes

Added/Changed

• Cross-sections

- Editing of cross-section for track and walls now performed through the 3d window, although 2d window can still be used.

- Added Cross-section template support to XPacker. Different shaped roads and walls can be defined in an XPack allowing the BTB user to quickly use a standard shape.

- In BTB Right-click to open the popup menu and select a new cross-section template when editing the track or walls. (Tip: in the 3d view the opening of the popup menu is delayed because the right mouse is used for looking around. To have it open immediately you can right-click-left-click).

- Copy/Paste of cross-section shape and materials.

- Sped up track cross-section editing with huge improvements for large tracks with lots of objects.

• XPacker - Added ability to categorise Materials so that some are not shown in some windows. Eg. Materials applicable to Objects are not show in Track’s Material selection.

• Material selection now performed through popup window instead of always being in the surface/wall window.

• Insertion of Track Nodes performed by holding the Control key when you click on the Track (instead of having a separate tool).

• Road edge transition now a straight line instead of the smoothed interpolation used for height shape transition.

• Objects, when in rotation edit mode, can be rotated by holding the Y key instead of clicking the circles. X and Z can also be used for other axis but Y will be most popular since it controls the Yaw.

• Old method of creating Driveline made with a lot of points is now replaced by new Curve method.

• AIW editing allows adding/editing of:

- Centreline path

- Pitlane path

- Fast path

- Corridors

- Grid / Teleport positions can be attached to Centerline or moved independently.

- Garage / Pit positions can be attached to the pitlane or moved independently.

• Drag Pacenotes around by clicking on them instead of grabbing them by their balls.

• Positioning of everything (Cambers, widths, cross-section surfaces) along the track made more accurate. This also applies to walls.

• Evo export lowered to make horizon start at a better position.

Fixed:

• SObjects not being named when created.

• Alpha textured objects were not receiving light in rF, and Evo games.

• Rotation/resizing whole track was not affecting the SObjects.

• Bug in terrain Fill (under some circumstances).

• Crash when Projects folder is deleted by user and then BTB started.

• 4 weeks later...

Bob's Track Builder beta v0.7.9.1 is ready!

Hi Guys,

The Beta is ready for the next round of testing.

Preparation

BACKUP - You should be doing this anyway, but make sure you backup your project before using the new BETA version. I test this on my own projects first but it still pays to be safe.

If you wish to keep your current version of BTB running, make a copy (do not just rename the current one) of the folder and name it something obvious like BobsTrackBuilderv0_7_0_6.

Uninstall BTB v0.7.0.6.

Uninstall BTB v0.7.9.0.

Installation

Download here --> http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

If your license is no longer working for the beta, email me your username and license description (as entered into the BTB website).

Known Issues

- Opening Materials window causes error : if you have this error please report what operating system you are running.

Added/Changed

• 3 weeks later...

beta v0.7.9.2

The Beta is ready for the next round of testing.

If you are an experienced BTB Pro/Evo user and would like to help, please read on.

Preparation

Uninstall BTB v0.7.0.6.

Uninstall BTB v0.7.9.1.

Installation

Download here --> http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/pro_users/beta_test.aspx

If your license is no longer working for the beta, email me your username and license description (as entered into the BTB website).

Reporting Problems

Only report problems with the Beta here. This is not a thread for "what I want to see .." ideas.

Please check the manual (press F1) first before asking for help.

When sending me a project please zip the entire contents of your project (eg. The entire folder C:\Program Files\BobsTrackBuilder\My Projects\My Project). You could omit and XPack.zip files that are the standard ones downloaded from the BTB website.

Version 0.8.0.0 is now ready with some big changes to the track cross-section editing and a whole lot more. Read the full list below for details.

DOWNLOAD BTB Pro HERE or BTB Evo HERE (you need a BTB login - free to join and try the demo)

Added/Changed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blueangel74

Salve, volevo sapere come si fa ad esportare un tracciato da btb a 3d studio max, magari per modificare ed aggiungere texture?Grazie

Allora avendo provato per un periodo molto breve e neanche completo BTB ti posso suggerire:

Crei il tracciato completo in BTB.

Lo esporti in rfactor. Si creeranno i file MAS in cui sono contenuti GMT e file dds delle texture che applice BTB.

Con 3dmax 8 con installato il plugin per importare i file gmt ti importi tutto quello che ti serve e vuoi modificare (sia texture che 3d)

Al termine esporti di nuovo con il tool ISI da 3dmax e ricrei il file mas.

Attenzione

I file gmt dovrebbero essere lasciati con il loro nome. In caso contrario si deve andare a modificare manualmente il file SCN

Per le texture invece non dovrebbero esserci problemi.

Brenno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ciao a tutti, spero di non scrivere un'eresia.

Ho saputo tramite voci di corridoio che quando si compra la licenza di BTB si ha una sorta di multilicenza e siccome a me interesserebbe l'acquisto del programma volevo sapere se qualcuno era disposto a VENDERMI una licenza se possibile. Il fatto