quick track modelling question - Page 2 - netKar PRO Forums - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

quick track modelling question


Recommended Posts

Posted
My current way of doing this is by copying the track and moving the vertices (=cornerpoints) to the side of the road, then naming the result "01Grass"...

go over... I think you're going to become crazy in a couple of days!!!!

you still have the path of your loft... do another shape and loft it... then you move the shape connected to the border of the road... you have your portion of grass... ph34r.gif

Guest ChrisAW11
Posted

I'm already noticing slight signs of debility right now (I've just created a scenic lake for that mountain track, by moving virtually HUNDREDS of vertices around by hand - but the lake looks great now, only things missing are a nice boat and a bunch of pissed-off-by-the-roaring-Modena fishermen)... I'm already done with the grassy side of the track (yes, I've been working since yesterday evening, 8PM, it's 10:36AM right now), so I'll try the proper method for the next track.

Guest ChrisAW11
Posted

Definitely crazy already... I did it... my track now has boats... three of them.

Guest ChrisAW11
Posted

I just want to let you know that testing this track (which is a very narrow, very twisty kind of Hillclimb/Touge/Bergrennen race) finished off my good old Thrustmaster T2 in just about 8 hours, after six years of heavy usage. First a screw holding the wheel broke, which was fairly easy to fix (even being awake for about 30h now); but now, approaching the mean and tight serpentine combination for the 57th time or so, the brake pedal spring died as well.

Is there any better way to convince yourself of buying a new Logitech Momo Racing? wink.gif

eclipsee_steering.gif

Guest max 2
Posted

My current way of doing this is by copying the track and moving the vertices (=cornerpoints) to the side of the road, then naming the result "01Grass"...

go over... I think you're going to become crazy in a couple of days!!!!

you still have the path of your loft... do another shape and loft it... then you move the shape connected to the border of the road... you have your portion of grass... ph34r.gif

don't belive what he says.. he is just a new entry in the track creation and has no skill or experience to share with other. I saw one of his tracks and look like the old Stunt 3d with huge polygons and 1 color texture!

asdadadad

Guest ChrisAW11
Posted

Yeah, seems like it from the 70GT Mod trackcreator badge in his signature biggrin.gif

But hey, I think I just got it:

You create a shape as in the trackmodelling-by-lofting tutorial, you then split it up into like three parts for an example (asphalt, grass, sand) and you loft each of them separately. You can then even control the size of the bordering region comfortably in the loft deformation menu (scale)...

Any corrections from the experienced people?

Guest mickyknox
Posted

I've recently been through the same learning experience, I'll put a post together trying to cover things as well as I know how to do them ciao.gif

Simon smile.gif

Guest mickyknox
Posted

Here you go, hope it helps. As I say in the post, if people make any suggestion/corrections/questions I'll edit the post to try and make it as definitive as possible.

Simon smile.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.