Il team Slow Motion ha finalmente rilasciato per rFactor 2 l'attesa nuova versione aggiornata 2.01 del suo GP3 Series 2017-2018 mod, progetto completo che ci permette di simulare le ultime tre stagioni dell'appassionante e combattuto campionato FIA GP3. La nuova release offre una migliore grafica, ora compatibile con i nuovi standard di rFactor 2, compresa la pioggia, e tantissime altre migliorie anche ai 3D ed alla fisica.
GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 - NEW BUILD 2.01
- quick fix to the 2018 rain tires
GP3 SERIES 2016/2017/2018 - NEW BUILD 2.00
We are proud to present the latest 2018 version of the GP3 Series, the last of its racing life.
The 2018 Series has been updated in the graphics and in the physics also due to the new info a couple of GP3 Teams provided to us. Main improvements refer to the tires, 2018 specifications by Pirelli and consequently the new CPM developed by Michael Borda (please note that new 2018 tires are available only for the 2018 Series!) and the new steering wheel as fully explained in several posts into this thread.
Here some more details regarding ONLY the most important changes from 1.41 to this new build:
- 4K resolution for 2018 cars (higher res for body/wing/helmet/etc...)
- full rain effects added to body, helmet, suit, visor for all series ("special effects" by Chris "redapg")
- new tire shape for all series(3D by Chris "redapg")
- new 2017/2018 hook (3D by Chris "redapg")
- new 3D for 2016 and 2017/2018 steering wheel (Chris "redapg")
- new DRS sides panels for 2018 cars and fake working panels (in options)
- new 3D for 2018 rear wing (Chris "redapg")
- new steering wheel options and new physics to keep it similar to 2016 and 2017 Series but with more turning angle (Slow Motion)
- new 2018 CPM tires only for 2018 cars(Michael Borda)
- refueling for leagues sim needs (in options)
- new 2018 liveries, helmets, visors (Chris 'Brack Jabham', Boxer, Slow Motion)
Special thanks to:
- Daniel Surace, that performed a lot of very detailed tests reporting feedback and MoteC data
- GP3 Engineers and Sim-rig Specialists for explanations, data and feedback
- few GP3 2018 drivers for tests
"Parts of this mod were taken from rFactor 2 and are used with the explicit permission of Studio 397. These parts remain the property of Studio 397 BV and may not be re-used for any purpose, including other mods without the explicit, written permission of Studio 397 BV. For more information on rFactor 2 and Studio 397, please visit: https://www.studio-397.com/".
Steam version will be available soon with the new templates too: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939773105
Here few links to the mod for manual downloading:
NEW/revised templates (manual downloading):
2018 wings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/62kir78fw5wjpl1/GP3_wings_publictemplate_2018.psd?dl=0
2017 wings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqild7zv5rocvmr/GP3_wings_publictemplate_2017NEW.psd?dl=0
2016 wings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7nvesst8il09qq/GP3_wings_template_2016_public.psd?dl=0
visor cam: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c34o740014asjja/GP3_VISOR_CAM.psd?dl=0
In addition to the new build of the GP3 Series, we provide a MoTeC workspace set by PLAYLIFE and supervised by Mr.D, "our" GP3 Engineer, that is still following the development and the performances of the GP3 mod.
PLAYLIFE will be more exhaustive in helping you in details, so at the moment I note only few advice:
1. download and install the "DAMPlugin for rF2" developed by Lazza: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/damplugin-for-rf2.49363/
2. edit the file "DAMPlugin.ini" usually stored in ...\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player and set to "1" ALL channels (base and extra)
3. download and install the MoTeC i2PRO build 1.1.2.0772 or above: http://www.motec.com/software/latestreleases/
4. download, unzip and install our workspace "rF2_2017_GP3_v2.zip" that is attached to the post
Once you will have driven some laps, you will be able to see all info and graphs in the MoTeC workspace, just opening our workspace and then opening the LOG file the DAMPlugin has recorded. I suggest to drive the out-of-pit lap, few laps and ending last lap driving to your pit. before pressing ESC.