Netkar over LAN?

Guest Ray Wise

Guest Ray Wise

sad.gif

Hello everyone, sorry if this sounds a bit dumb, but I haven't tried it yet. Is the Netkar 9.9 multiplayer version suitable for LAN racing as well as online? And if so do you have to use the Server Configurator to set up the races between 2 networked computers. I'm going to try it this weekend, but some advance help would be appreciated.

Also, are there any active links to tracks that I used to have installed like Sugo, Kylami etc. I have not been able to download them from anywhere yet.

Thank you for your help with this great sim!!

Hoo Roo

sad.gif

Hello everyone, sorry if this sounds a bit dumb, but I haven't tried it yet. Is the Netkar 9.9 multiplayer version suitable for LAN racing as well as online? And if so do you have to use the Server Configurator to set up the races between 2 networked computers. I'm going to try it this weekend, but some advance help would be appreciated.

Also, are there any active links to tracks that I used to have installed like Sugo, Kylami etc. I have not been able to download them from anywhere yet.

Thank you for your help with this great sim!!

Hoo Roo

netKar 0.99 should be suitable for LAN racing, probably it would be a good idea to edit client.ini and nkservercfg.ini and lower the SENDTIME parameter (do some experiments)

Yes, you must launch "nkserver.exe" in order to host a game: you can configure it with nk Server Configurator or with nkDaemon

You can find those tracks here BUT they are not approved for multiplayer

Guest Ray Wise

laugh.gif

I did a quick LAN trial last night and it seems to work well, just have to get qual and race times/laps sorted and it should be great.

More testing on the weekend, thanks for your help!!

Hoo Roo