How to create the videos? - netKar PRO Forums - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

How to create the videos?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've seen the videos and am curious what is being used to create them. thanks.

Posted
I've seen the videos and am curious what is being used to create them.  thanks.

maybe you're talkin about the comparative video that daf has created, btw i'll tell you how i created the yellow mini video that you can find here

i've switched to 640x480 resolution in netkar and then captured the video clips using fraps (www.fraps.com) 1.9D free version (that captures only @640x480 or lower)

Then i've composed all the clips using avisynth that is a sort of scripting language for editing videos (i created a text file with all the routines like "take this piece, then this other piece, crop the frame to 600x280 then reduce by2 the size to 300x140 etc..")

Finally i loaded the avisynth file .avs in virtualdub (it's seen as a normal avi file) and compressed it with DivX codec

This is the procedure, all of the sw i used are free, but you can use commercial ones like fraps 2.0 (that can capture at higher resolution and audio too) or snagit (i suppose daf use this one)

PS I choose a small resolution because im on a dialup and i cant sent 15mb of video, but u can produce greater video with the same procedure (without resizing the video)

Hope it helped....

Posted

Ok, that makes sense. I was looking at snagit last night. I noticed that pretty much all the videos shown were from replays. Is there a way to capture while playing or to switch the replay POV to the cockpit as you are driving? When I was trying to capture while playing last night it was pretty bad. I'll try it some more this evening. Thanks for the help.

And thanks for a kickass sim! I hope someday 4WD gets worked in. :)

Posted
Ok, that makes sense. I was looking at snagit last night. I noticed that pretty much all the videos shown were from replays. Is there a way to capture while playing or to switch the replay POV to the cockpit as you are driving? When I was trying to capture while playing last night it was pretty bad. I'll try it some more this evening. Thanks for the help.

And thanks for a kickass sim! I hope someday 4WD gets worked in. :)

you are right, capturing while playing is quite difficult, u must set up a low resolution (i.e. 640x480) and hope your pc is fast enough....actually i dont know how daf captured the "in-car view".... maybe using a sort of "loop" using tv-out of the video card-> another pc ?

Posted

i could try the "dualpc with video-out card /video-in card" solution... if only i'll find a rca cable long enough :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.