• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VELOCIPEDE

• AyrtonForever

• Slow Motion

new quick update...

• We are at the build 0.917 and it sounds closed to 1.0, LOL
  • The 2016 cars with their liveries + drivers (suits+helmets+gloves) are finished.
  • The 2017 cars are at the finish line and in the next days, as soon as the GP3 organization will reveal (officially) the full list of the drivers also the 2017 cars will be finished (only liveries at the moment and I think real liveries will change in the incoming weeks too, but we cannot care of that)
  • On physics side the 2016 is finished (more or less) and I'm waiting for some specific info by the GP3 team, related to the performances of the 2017 real cars (in the tests of this month of April), to compare them with the mod
  • Later we'll perform few new runs of tests about the overall performances and for balancing AIs vs. Humans
  • The car is already optimized for the new rFactor2 (DX11) and looks nice also with the current build of rFactor2 (DX9)

20170502234643_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Slow Motion:

new quick update...

• We are at the build 0.917 and it sounds closed to 1.0, LOL
  • The 2016 cars with their liveries + drivers (suits+helmets+gloves) are finished.
  • The 2017 cars are at the finish line and in the next days, as soon as the GP3 organization will reveal (officially) the full list of the drivers also the 2017 cars will be finished (only liveries at the moment and I think real liveries will change in the incoming weeks too, but we cannot care of that)
  • On physics side the 2016 is finished (more or less) and I'm waiting for some specific info by the GP3 team, related to the performances of the 2017 real cars (in the tests of this month of April), to compare them with the mod
  • Later we'll perform few new runs of tests about the overall performances and for balancing AIs vs. Humans
  • The car is already optimized for the new rFactor2 (DX11) and looks nice also with the current build of rFactor2 (DX9)

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Finally the GP3 Series is available!
Below you can read credits, same text that is into Steam Workshop. I think useless to start writing in details about the development of the mod... it would deserve a novel. Much better that you start a safe approach to the mod and you will discover how much it is sensitive to any little change in the setup, closed to the real cars. 
You will also discover slight differences between the 2016 and 2017 cars and probably in the future we'll provide updated liveries and helmets for the 2017 season.

Build 1.0: optimized FOR DX11 POSTFX - 3D by haunetal1990 & Chris "redapg" (Wheels, Suspensions, 2017 Rear Wing & DRS, body improvements and fixes) - Physics by Chris "redapg", Edwin "eddy", Slow Motion, Studio 397 Physics Engineer Michael Borda and GP3 Engineer DC - Sounds recorded and sampled by Felipe Giro - Motec data and tests by Jean-Luc Dal Prà - Liveries by Chris “Brack Jabham”, Boxer, LcR, Johannes M, Ruben van den Hudding "Lightcruiser" - Original data provided by GP3 Team - Special thanks to GP3 drivers and S397 Test Team for several extended testing 

Steam version is available with the templates too: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939773105

Here few links to the mod for manual downloading:
https://mega.nz/#!r5BTRJxD!XFQb0XQPQjA3KRHW0JtlXd2Vf66NPHjbptSqdSDx7EM
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVjc1JhYcCwhkD1t_5ip4lXyuT6
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wjdwshlnnjri00/GP3Series_v.1.0.rfcmp?dl=0

[IMG]
[IMG]

che campionato simula?

EDIT: visto :up:

Edited by AyrtonForever

• 2 weeks later...

Slowmotion:

We are debating, internally, for a new build for adding:
- helmet painted for each 2017 driver
- few updated liveries for sponsors, etc...
- new painted visor at least for 2017 drivers and anyway a new GP3/rF2 visor like the one here...

Slow Motion:

Short explanation: you all are invited to post a question regarding the physics, settings, technical info about the GP3 2016 and 2017, that will be forwarded by me to the GP3 Engineer that helped us in the development of the mod.

Long explanation and guidelines: my main concept was to develop a mod that was closest as possible to the real car, that real GP3 drivers could drive for training. I know that obviously there are limitations in the way rFactor2 manages / converts / reads real data to its code, but I’m sure that at the moment no other game / cheap simulator can compete with the accuracy of rFactor2. Knowing that several GP3 teams use rFactor1, the goal was to provide a free accurate mod to be used in rFactor2, to exploit improvements of rF2 vs. rF1. On marketing and commercial side I’m not entitled for debating, so I don’t care for it: my concept was and want to be an opportunity, that’s all.
I was very lucky in finding few people that, loving the concept, were available to share their knowledge participating to the project. And I really must say thanks to all these mates, otherwise the project would only remain a dream.
I still find it difficult to believe that, after countless contacts with the various GP3 teams, a Chief Engineer wanted to focus his attention on this project!

That said, the mod was tuned on the Dallara default HDF setup and we know it is only the basis for starting to find the best setup, depending of track and allowed compound, exactly like it happens in real life. We noticed the car is highly sensitive and any little change gives a different feedback and behavior. Few of you said the car is too much under steer and it could be right, but I asked a lot of times the GP3 Engineer for an answer and every time it pointed my attention to the driving style and to look at a different setup. He cannot reveal (and doesn’t want) any of their setups: this is a must and please, don’t ask for a setup by him!

What I can confirm is that you must always refer to the real car, thinking to drive the real car and to the way of driving the car, not “playing”, like a real driver does… Think that tires must last for the entire race, look at the lap times of the real drivers on a known track with same compounds (refer please to Silverstone GT layout and Hard compound), think that between qualify (where rear wing can be set as you prefer) and race (where rear wing can be set at a max of 5 degrees and obviously many other values must be changed in the setup) there are several seconds of differences… and you will feel and approach the car (ops, the mod) in a totally different way... and also the feeling versus the under steer will be totally different.

We could have developed a mod not so closed to the real car but closer to a game needs: that never was my initial concept, shared by the other components of the group.

With this concept in mind you are welcome to post any question that I’ll take care to send to “Mr. D” (easier way to call the Engineer now on). I cannot assure any time and frequency in receiving the answers, because you understand... at the GP3 team they have other priorities, but I hope that we’ll have some answer.
We are also thinking that could be very interesting if you will attach Motec data and for this reason we’ll post a specific workspace in the future.
Remember for the moment to use ONLY “Silverstone GT layout” and “hard” compound for reference.

• 2 months later...

few helmets by Chris and David... beautiful jobs!
20170824152537_1.jpg20170824152401_1.jpg20170824151945_1.jpg20170824152214_1.jpg20170824151753_1.jpg

Tomorrow there will be a new entry for Trident, Juan Manuel Correa #23, that will participate to the next 4 events. In the incoming days we'll take care of pictures for the livery of the car and his helmet.
We are still waiting for more info about Vaxiviere, that replaced Ferrucci at DAMS in the last event, but that DAMS didn't confirm... tomorrow we'll see if present at SPA, because the latest official statement of the GP3 Organization didn't clarify this point.

We received few new info about the DRS, top speed in different conditions of the 2017 cars and I hope to have soon good news.
Thank you.

New entry Juan Manuel Correa for Jenzer #23 and latest updated liveries for Jenzer #22 and #24 by LcR

GRAB_001.JPG

GRAB_000.JPGGRAB_002.JPG

We also tuned (again) some item due to the rF2 DX11 tone map and, on physics side, I can say we are doing last tests.
MoTeC data analyzed by Mr.D helped us a lot, confirming that the few little changes mainly to the default setup, improved the performances, now closer to the real cars too. And the overall performances, with the DRS enabled, match the real data we have: you will feel a great benefit in race!