TheLuigi755 Posted August 21, 2015 Posted August 21, 2015 (edited) rFactor's VLN 2005 mod is giving me nothing short of a string of problems. I decided to modify it to work with "All Cars And Tracks", much like I do to all my other rF mods. And it works fine when I'm running at full graphics settings, but because of the fact that I always run 63 cars (ALWAYS: No exceptions... in the case of GT races like this at least) from all manner of different mods (Bathurst 2015, EnduRacers Endurance Series, etc.), which work fine at lower settings, it is extremely irritating to see rFactor shut down with the weak excuse of a "Runtime Error" when I have any more than 50-or-so cars waiting in the pits. (And it doesn't just happen with the VLN mod: Basically trying to run ANY 50+ car race at full settings is pure suicide for my copy of rFactor. The 4GB patch doesn't do anything to change it. Why can't it make full use of my 8GB of RAM?) rFactor works fine with my 63-car racing fields at lower settings, however many of the VLN cars become massive grey boxes with "TEMP" crudely scrawled on their side should I attempt to race against them at lower graphics settings. I am not willing to reconfigure all the .GEN files to make the VLN cars work at lower settings, so I'm looking to the community for help. EDIT: Heard of hacks to make the 4GB patch work properly (editing write/modify permissions for the rfactor.exe file) and to allow for more effective processor/RAM usage (+fullproc +highprio command). This may or may not require further assistance, but I'm leaving this post up because This forum doesn't appear to let its users delete posts The hacks may not work, and I'd like to see your thoughts as to how you would solve these issues regarding high-graphics-induced rFactor CTDs. Here's a link to the offending .gen files on Google Drive. Download these .gen files, make it so that the files that the game looks for at FULL graphics settings are used for the lower levels and give me a link to your "fixed" files for me to use; it appears that many of the file paths for lower graphics settings are nonexistent. REMEMBER TO KEEP THE "<VEHDIR>\VLN\" tag at the start of each search path, as this is a deliberate modification by me to let me race the mod with ACAT. Replacing it with "<VEHDIR>" will screw it all over. Edited August 22, 2015 by TheLuigi755
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now