Aiuto per nuova skin

suhentu

Ciao a tutti, sto tentando di fare una mia skin per la Ferrari F40, ho modificato il template su photoshop, per il momento cambiando solo il colore. Il risultato è questo:

http://imgur.com/yKJA4cs

Il problema sorge quando esporto il file nel formato dds. Il risultato dell'esportazione è questo, e non riesco a capire perchè (anche perchè salvando in qualunque altro formato non c'è nessun problema)

http://imgur.com/oVs8Pel

Inutile aggiungere che aprendo lo showroom di assettocorsa la macchina è inguardabile :/

Qualcuno sa aiutarmi a risolvere il problema?

(uso photoshop Cs6)

• 3 weeks later...

Ciao, probabilmente hai qualche parametro sballato che, durante la conversione da .psd a .dds ti presenta l'errore.. qui sotto, se segui tutte le "dritte" dovresti risolvere

:wave:

Part 4: DDS Me – DDS Export (Modified 08MAY2014)

Now it is time to export the file as a DDS. This is the most experimental part of this Lesson. There are hundreds of setting combinations that will work. I’ll show you what settings I use.

In Photoshop go to File > Save As. In the Format drop-down menu chose the D3D/DDS option and click save. You might get an overwrite warning. Overwrite it. Now a new menu should pop up titled NVIDIA dds Format. In the first drop-down menu chose ‘8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp | unsigned’ 'DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha' . The ‘Generate MIP Map’ radial button should be selected and the number in the box should be set to '6'. Click the MIP Map Filtering button and chose the Blackman Filter type then press ok to confirm.
ST0jRCd.png
To test out the settings click 2D Preview. A window should pop up and after a few seconds you should see decreasing sizes of pictures of your skin. Close that window and then click save.
Cgs7khr.png
Photoshop should take a few seconds to “think” while it creates the DDS file. It took my computer about 2 seconds for this orange skin. The amount of time will increase depending on the complexity of the skin.

NOTE: If you are using Photoshop CS2 and you are getting the image below then unckeck the box that has to do with 'Alpha' when saving the file. (Thank you to many people for finding this out and to JMNick1 for the image. In simple terms, CS2 was not made to deal with alpha layers and DDS files at the same time.
qc5kERK.png

A note about the saving format: What are the differences between the two export types?
Type‘8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp | unsigned’ vs 'DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha'
Full Racing Grid PC StressVery High vs Medium
File size (per file)21 MB vs 5 MB
QualityBest vs Good
ColorsExcellent vs Good
Saving time2 seconds vs 12 seconds
It is your choice which one you use.