FPS problems during rainy sessions

eugen.sechel

Hello!

I got netKar Pro a few days ago and I'm really happy with it. However, I've recently found I've got some weird issues during practice sessions with rain. While in the dry I easily get 150-200 FPS, during the rain I start at 80 FPS and this slowly decreases to 40 and even 20.

I've tested both build 1.3.0.1727 (this runs slowest and becomes unplayable after a few laps) and 1.3.0.1479 (this works but I still find the FPS decreases during the session).

What I've tried:

Updating the graphics card drivers.

Setting the game to lower detail (I get 1-4 extra FPS if I lower the details so that didn't help much)

Downgrading to build 1.3.0.1479 (this seems to fix it to some degree)

My computer:

CPU: AMD Athlon Dual Core 4850e

RAM: 3 GB DDR2

GPU: nVidia GeForce GT 440

Does anyone have any idea what I could do to improve the framerate during wet sessions? I know my hardware is old, but at first I get 80 FPS in one corner and the next lap I get 50, so I'm guessing it's not just the video card's low performance.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Eugen.

Edited by eugen.sechel

I've recently found I've got some weird issues during practice sessions with rain. While in the dry I easily get 150-200 FPS, during the rain I start at 80 FPS and this slowly decreases to 40 and even 20.

Hi Eugen,

unfortunately the framerate drop with rain session is a known bug and there is no known solution.

As far as I know, the bug has been introduced with the latest netKar update (1.3.0.1727) and up to now the only way to drive rainy races is to use the previous netkar version (1.3 final -> 1.3.0.1534, not 1.3.0.1479 that should be the 1.3 beta version).

The rainy conditions are harder to manage for the computer, so a slighly worse FPS is normal, but with the previous version you shouldn't experience a real drop.

The hope is that kunos may fix this bug after the rush for AssettoCorsa, but they didn't promise anything, so it is only a hope.

The only hint I have received - not from kunos - is that the cause may be a memory buffer that isn't flushed. Should you find a workaround yourself, please write back.

Edited by foyol

Hi!

Thank you very much for the info. I'm getting pretty bad FPS (but not degrading as bad as in 1.3.0.1727) in 1.3.0.1479, so I'll make sure to test the 1.3.0.1534 build as well. Hopefully the FPS won't be 4 times lower than in the dry, as it's happening now :crashpc: .

I'll let you know how it goes and if I find a solution for the newer build.

Thanks again!

Eugen.

Well, funny enough I tried to re-download (both main link and GamersHell mirror) the kit and do a clean reinstall of the sim. It seems like the version I'm getting is 1.3.0.1479, so I'm stuck between this one and 1.3.0.1727 :unsure: .

I've found a link to the files needed to downgrade to 1.3.0.1534 on a forum, but the link was broken / dead. Could any of you guys please help me find those files (I'm googling for them at the moment but I was thinking maybe you can upload them somewhere)?

Thank you!

Eugen.

Well, funny enough I tried to re-download (both main link and GamersHell mirror) the kit and do a clean reinstall of the sim. It seems like the version I'm getting is 1.3.0.1479, so I'm stuck between this one and 1.3.0.1727 :unsure: .

I've found a link to the files needed to downgrade to 1.3.0.1534 on a forum, but the link was broken / dead. Could any of you guys please help me find those files (I'm googling for them at the moment but I was thinking maybe you can upload them somewhere)?

Thank you!

Eugen.

Here you should find all that's needed. Don't know if it's the same link you just used :)

Anyway: the switcher utility is really handy, try it!

http://netkarpro.blogspot.it/2012/10/netkar-pro-version-switcher.html

Shouldn't you find the version you are looking for, please drop me a PM and I will send you my copy.

Hi!

Sorry, I forgot to tell you I already tried the version switcher and it switched back to 1.3.0.1479. I've also downloaded the files provided by the developer, with the same result :( .

Thanks!

Eugen.