[WIP] Skoda Rapid Cup/WTCC by Patrik Marek - Road/Sport Cars Mods - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Fonte.

I decided to start on Skoda Rapid CUP model, based on Skoda Rapid vehicle, moddified in the sense of Skoda Octavia CUP. Made so that regulations could also allow for it to run in WTCC/BTCC

I will be handling modeling & texturing.
I'm not sure yet about the physics & sounds - but hopefully by the time it's getting closer, there will be someone willing to assist me in that

BODY – Skoda Rapid, 5 doors.
ENGINE – turbocharged 4-cylinder in line, transversally installed; distribution: two overhead camshafts, 16 valves; compression ratio: 12.5:1; displacement: 1595 cc; bore x stroke: 82.5 x 74.6 mm; engine management: Magneti Marelli Marvel; lubrication: Dry sump.
TRANSMISSION – front-wheel-drive; gearbox: Hewland 6-speed, sequential shift; clutch: AP twin-plate; differential: mechanical limited slip differential.
CHASSIS – front suspension: McPherson strut, coil springs, gas-filled dampers, anti-roll bar; rear suspension: multilink axle, coil springs, gas-filled dampers, anti-roll bar; steering: electrical power assisted rack and pinion.
BRAKES – dual circuit hydraulical system; front brakes: 4-piston calipers, 343 mm steel ventilated discs; rear brakes: 2-piston calipers,280 mm steel discs.
DIMENSIONS – length: 4540 mm, width: 1849 mm, wheelbase 2602 mm, minimum weight: 1150 kg including the driver.

jbjCXlT6kwOvKx_xs.jpg

initial blocking - first pass ... lots of details still to come
unfortunately there wasn't any good blueprint for this car, so I had to use perspective cameras, which was slowing me down quite a bit, but I feel like the proportions are there .. and it will be coming up nicely

the wheels are temporary rims from BMW 320si WTCC, ... more for proportion/scale ... totally not sure yet what kind of rims I will put on there .. but I want something that will be realistic

j67eHArrYSZ94_xs.jpg

  • 2 months later...
Posted

some slight update .. wheels did eat a LOT ... almsot 25k tris on wheels only (including the brake disc, calipers .. the lot) ... hopefully will reduce it to about 15k
trianglecount quickly jumped up ... but considering that most of it is wheels, I'm quite confident that I'm on right track .. at the moment it's sitting on 30,500 triangles


rapid04d-jpg.754
rapid02d-jpg.755

ScreenShot284_zps6606242e.jpg

  • 1 year later...
Posted

Looks very good, please continue this! Want to drive it in AC ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.