Car spin if i turn with 10-20% brake apply ♦ 500 ABARTH AC

Guest Lazybug

Guest Lazybug

So can i use trail braking for this car ?? I found i cant turn the car not even abit if 10% - 20% brake is apply and if i do turn then i will end up to spin the car.

Of cause may be i do something wrong since i very new to sim racing & only start play this game 2 days ago.

Thanks for the concern. Good day :shifty:

So can i use trail braking for this car ?? I found i cant turn the car not even abit if 10% - 20% brake is apply and if i do turn then i will end up to spin the car.

Of cause may be i do something wrong since i very new to sim racing & only start play this game 2 days ago.

If you started 2 days ago, maybe it is a bit too soon to master trail braking.. Anyways, back on topic: the 500 Abarth is a FWD car (traction given by front wheels). Generally you want your brakes to apply mainly to the front tires: during the braking, the weigth is transferred to front wheels (=more grip). Rear tires will have less weight because of weight transferred to front, and they will have no rolling force because thay have no engine connection = sudden rear lock and spin under braking. Try a brake balance around 90 - 93% front.

A trick to help the Abarth keep stability during braking is to use lots of throttle even during brakings.

Guest Lazybug

If you started 2 days ago, maybe it is a bit too soon to master trail braking.. Anyways, back on topic: the 500 Abarth is a FWD car (traction given by front wheels). Generally you want your brakes to apply mainly to the front tires: during the braking, the weigth is transferred to front wheels (=more grip). Rear tires will have less weight because of weight transferred to front, and they will have no rolling force because thay have no engine connection = sudden rear lock and spin under braking. Try a brake balance around 90 - 93% front.

A trick to help the Abarth keep stability during braking is to use lots of throttle even during brakings.

But at least i can do better trail braking without spin in ACTP, also the car default brake bias is already 91% so i not sure what i have done wrong. Whenever i try to turn while braking i get spin, even if i brake & turn just a little bit :thumbsdown:

Anyway my sim racing experience is very less, less than 50 hrs, i usually play arcade racing (about 10 years) :shifty:

you can also try the setups contained in MDCBox tool, using values ​​as close as possible to the real-life counterparts of the simulated car in nkpro and are also quite easy to drive

Guest Lazybug

I understand now why not many people play sim, its too complicated, already too tire before real drive after all that setup testing :whistle:

But at least i can do better trail braking without spin in ACTP, also the car default brake bias is already 91% so i not sure what i have done wrong. Whenever i try to turn while braking i get spin, even if i brake & turn just a little bit :thumbsdown:

Anyway my sim racing experience is very less, less than 50 hrs, i usually play arcade racing (about 10 years) :shifty:

The Lotus in AC is a RWD. When you brake, the engine helps rear tires to keep rolling. They won't lock easily as in a FWD car like the Abarth.

You may try trail braking with a RWD car and see if this helps(all cars in netKar are RWD but the Abarth).

Be prepared to quite some crash before things start working the way you want :)

Edited by foyol

Guest Lazybug

Mmm thanks for all the tips, appreaciate it. Obviously the problem is from me but not quite sure what i had done wrong, may be i still turn too much or something, need more practice i guess.