Intervista a Steven Hood, Creative Director Codemasters

VELOCIPEDE

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/stories/1331601425269/codemaster-interview-f1-2013-release

What was the hardest part of integrating this classic content to the game?

The view we had was, 'shall we look at a specific season,' but the problem for us was that people mainly remember the cars, especially younger fans. There’s a lot of content about the older races so the cars are recognised. What we tried to do was create scenarios with cars from a generation so in the 80’s you can have cars from '80-'89. There’s a huge variation in performance and driving style, so trying to meld that and make it so they can work together. We spent a lot of time balancing things so even if you’re at back of the grid in an older car you’ve still got a chance of winning.

What kind of customisations can players make to their cars? Will F1 enthusiasts be able to tinker around with all the settings of the car like a real-world mechanic would?

Yes, lots of racing games let you play with the engine. I think historically, racing games have been good at that. Some people prefer to just jump in the car and hit the circuit and that’s possible too. To be honest, I’d like to move away from that as I don’t think it’s realistic to be driver and race engineer, I want you to be the an F1 driver not the mechanic.

This post has been promoted to an article