The dreaded nks.exe crash - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

The dreaded nks.exe crash


Recommended Posts

Guest dave4002000
Posted

After troubleshooting this for many hours, I am completely out of ideas. So hopefully one of you guys can give me some insight as to what may be causing this.

I've owned and played NKPro for many years but have just recently gotten back into sim racing. This is the first time i'm trying to install netKar on a Win7 64-bit machine. Previously had it working on WinXP 32-bit.

No matter what i do, how many times i uninstall, reinstall, verify the correct runtimes, reboot the computer, update drivers, etc. i get an error while loading the track. The screen freezes at shadow.nko and a few seconds later i get the "nks.exe has encountered an error and must close".

This happens with every track, every car, online and offline. I have yet to even see the inside of a car. I have gone so far as to try different download mirrors thinking that maybe the installer was corrupted.

The only thing that jumps out at me in the log file is a couple error and warning messages relating to CNKDKDB. I don't know if they are what's causing the crashing because i don't have a proper log to compare it to.

I've attached my log.txt and would appreciate it if someone was able to take a look at it to see if there is anything i missed that would indicate what the issue is.

Just as a point of reference, i have been building computers for 15 years. So if you need to ask me questions don't be afraid to get technical. I, most likely, won't get confused :)

log.txt

Posted (edited)

Not an expert of logs myself, but it seems that the first error happens when loading the TrackIR (line 874) and the last error - end of log file - comes when loading plugins (maybe TrackIR again?).
I would try disabling TrackIR and see.

Edited by foyol
Guest dave4002000
Posted (edited)

Yea, i saw that too but that particular error only shows up if i don't run the TrackIR software prior to starting the sim. If i do run the TrackIR software that log error goes away but i still get the same nks.exe crash.

::edit:: Just for laughs, i completely uninstalled TrackIR but still had the same issue. Reinstalled TrackIR and ran the software prior to starting netKar. The log is the exact same except for the TrackIR section at L874.

Track IR Disabled

Initializing TrackIR interface
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\
Signature ver failed
TrackIR error
NPCient : Error stopping cursor
NPCient : Error starting data transmission

Track IR Enabled

Initializing TrackIR interface
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\
TrackIR ok
NaturalPoint TrackIR software version is 5.00
Cursor stopped
Data transmission started
Edited by dave4002000
Posted

Sorry for late.

Ok, so TrackIr is to exclude.
Now we should look for something related to the whole netKar Pro, because the problem happens with every track, car etc.
- is Microsoft .NET version you have ok for nK? inside the netKar installer folder you should have a runtime folder with the .NET installer, if needed
- does changing the video settings both in the graphics card control panel and inside netKar Video Settings make some difference (mainly antialias settings)?
- have you tried deleting the file options.ini inside your user's Documents/netKar PRO/cfg/ folder? Some users solved different problems deleting this file, can't find the threads right now though :(

- have you tried deleting the hidden folder Kunos_Simulazioni, inside Local Settings/Application Data? other users solved (etc)

Remember to make a copy of files you remove, just in case..

After this, I could have finished my possible solutions, and dropping a line to the support may be the best thing to do.

Guest dave4002000
Posted

I appreciate the help but, unfortunately, i've already tried those suggestions. I've searched numerous forums and tried every suggestion i could possibly find..lol.

I'll send an email to support and see what they have to say about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.