Keyboard configuration - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Keyboard configuration


Recommended Posts

Guest peter-27
Posted

I'm new to the game and enjoying it so far, quick question though:

There are two preset configurations for the keyboard. Is there anyway to edit them to make my own custom set though? I want to have acceclerate and brake as up and down arrows.

Posted

as far as I know you can't choose your own keys.

pressing SHIFT+K (if I recall correctly) you can switch between few different keyboard/ keyboard+mouse presets, but not create your own.

The obvious suggestion is to switch to a steering wheel as soon as you can. nKPRO force feedback is considered the best out there. You are really missing something!

Have fun

  • 7 months later...
Guest Sweller3
Posted

Can somebody tell me if you can customize keyboard/mouse controls?

For example, my keyboard has Z/Y inverted and I would like to have Left mouse button for upshift and right button for downshift. I cannot find suitable .ini file to customize controls :/

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Can somebody tell me if you can customize keyboard/mouse controls?

For example, my keyboard has Z/Y inverted and I would like to have Left mouse button for upshift and right button for downshift. I cannot find suitable .ini file to customize controls :/

Thank you!

Set the keyboard as your main controller in netKar Controller Settings (I guess you already did it).

Then go to YourUser/Documents/netkar Pro/cfg/

and open the controls.ini file in a text editor.

Check if you can edit the keys used.

Sorry for not being precise, but I use a steering wheel and couldn't test.

Edited by foyol
Guest Sweller3
Posted

Can somebody tell me if you can customize keyboard/mouse controls?

For example, my keyboard has Z/Y inverted and I would like to have Left mouse button for upshift and right button for downshift. I cannot find suitable .ini file to customize controls :/

Thank you!

Set the keyboard as your main controller in netKar Controller Settings (I guess you already did it).

Then go to YourUser/Documents/netkar Pro/cfg/

and open the controls.ini file in a text editor.

Check if you can edit the keys used.

Sorry for not being precise, but I use a steering wheel and couldn't test.

Thank you! I will see what can I do. On first look it seems that controls.ini doesn't have options to edit keys used. I will post solution if I find something :)

I wan't to use mouse steering because I'm too lazy to setup my steering wheel :) And I'm used to play with mouse steering from LFS.

Posted

there ar

as far as I know you can't choose your own keys.

pressing SHIFT+K (if I recall correctly) you can switch between few different keyboard/ keyboard+mouse presets, but not create your own.

The obvious suggestion is to switch to a steering wheel as soon as you can. nKPRO force feedback is considered the best out there. You are really missing something!

Have fun

driving with mouse and keyboard is one of the predefined options.

Posted

Thank you! I will see what can I do. On first look it seems that controls.ini doesn't have options to edit keys used. I will post solution if I find something :)

I wan't to use mouse steering because I'm too lazy to setup my steering wheel :) And I'm used to play with mouse steering from LFS.

Ok, mouse steering is indeed one of the options you have (launch netKar -> Settings -> Controller -> red Button "Controller Setup" and choose from the dropdown menu).

To solve the Z/Y inversion problem, a workaround could be using a keyboard remapper utility. You may remap the Z key to Y and viceversa before starting netKar. I realize it's not that great solution, but may worth a try.

I found these tools, hope they work:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/map-any-key-to-any-key-on-windows-xp-vista/

http://lifehacker.com/5883003/the-best-key-remapper-for-windows

Guest Sweller3
Posted (edited)

I will note all suggestions, tnx.

Before I start, I'm using Windows 7 x64 so what I write bellow, I can say it will work for everybody :)

At the moment I'm using PPjoy joystick driver to create virtual controller (you can set number of analog and digital ports), then I used GlovePIE and with help of
THIS tutorial, I created my own script (I'm used to play with those setting in LFS).

Below is script for GlovePIE I use and develop.

Controls used:

- Keyboard RightControl button toggles on/off script function and not spacebar as originally stated in original tutorial

- Left mouse button = Throttle

- Right mouse button = Break

- Middle mouse button = Steering set to centre

- Mouse movement left/right (x axis) = Steering (For steering sensitivity you can set "var.xDistance = 1000" number to higher/lower. I recommend between 700 and 1000)

- Keyboard S can be set for digital button and I use it for potentially set starter

- Keyboard A is for upshift/ you can set it for one digital input

- Keyboard Y is for downshift/ you can set it for one digital input (note that I use QWERTZ keyboard so if you use QWERTY keyboard, then change "PPJoy1.Digital9 = Keyboard.Z" to "PPJoy1.Digital9 = Keyboard.Y" at the end of script)

I hope you can understand what I was doing, if not, tell me and I will do more detailed tutorial/guide for your specific needs :)

//if key.space then
if key.RightControl then
debug = "resetting"
   var.mouse ++;
   wait 2s;
   // change this to set the sensitivity of the vertical axis
   var.yDistance = 100
   var.xDistance = 1000
   var.mouseLb = -100
   var.mouseRb = -100
   say("Steering Activated")
endif

  ///////////////////
 //Unlocking Mouse//
///////////////////

if var.mouse > 1 then
   var.mouse = 0
   Say("Mouse Unlocked")
endif



  ////////////////////////////////////////
 //So it only works when it is toggled.//
////////////////////////////////////////

if var.mouse = true then
   mouse.swallow = true


        if mouse.DirectInputX > var.xDistance mickeys then
            mouse.DirectInputX = var.xDistance mickey
        endif

        if mouse.DirectInputX < (var.xDistance * -1) mickeys then
           mouse.DirectInputX = (var.xDistance * -1) mickeys
        endif


        ppJoy1.Analog0 = (Mouse.DirectInputX/var.xDistance)
          var.Analog0 = ppJoy1.Analog0


   debug = ppJoy1.Analog0

   if mouse.MiddleButton then
      mouse.DirectInputX = 0
   endIf



      if mouse.DirectInputY > var.yDistance
         mouse.DirectInputY = var.yDistance
      endif

      if mouse.DirectInputY < (var.yDistance * -1)
         mouse.DirectInputY = (var.yDistance * -1)
      endif


      //PPJoy1.Analog1 = (Mouse.DirectInputY/100)
      var.Analog1 = Mouse.DirectInputY


if Mouse.RightButton then
   if var.mouseRb<100 then
      var.mouseRb=var.mouseRb+8
      if var.mouseRb>100 then
          var.mouseRb=100
      endif
   endif
else
   var.mouseRb = var.mouseRb-20
   if var.mouseRb < -100 then
      var.mouseRb = -100
   endif
endif

PPJoy1.Analog2 = (var.mouseRb/100)

if Mouse.LeftButton then
   if var.mouseLb<100 then
      var.mouseLb=var.mouseLb+8
      if var.mouseLb>100 then
          var.mouseLb=100
      endif
   endif
else
   var.mouseLb = var.mouseLb-20
   if var.mouseLb < -100 then
      var.mouseLb = -100
   endif
endif

PPJoy1.Analog1 = (var.mouseLb/100)


//PPJoy1.Digital4 = Mouse.WheelUp
//PPJoy1.Digital5 = Mouse.WheelDown
//PPJoy1.Digital6 = Keyboard.Console
//PPJoy1.Digital7 = Keyboard.Tab
PPJoy1.Digital8 = Keyboard.A
PPJoy1.Digital9 = Keyboard.Z
PPJoy1.Digital10 = Keyboard.LeftControl
PPJoy1.Digital11 = Keyboard.S
//PPJoy1.Digital12 = Keyboard.D
//PPJoy1.Digital13 = Keyboard.C
//PPJoy1.Digital14 = Keyboard.Q
//PPJoy1.Digital15 = Keyboard.W
//PPJoy1.Digital16 = key.Up
//PPJoy1.Digital17 = key.Down
//PPJoy1.Digital18 = key.Left
//PPJoy1.Digital19 = key.Right


else mouse.Swallow = false
endif
Edited by Sweller3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.