Alessandro Pollini Posted December 22, 2012 Posted December 22, 2012 File Name: F1 1966 Beta Mod File Submitter: Alessandro Pollini File Submitted: 22 Dec 2012 File Category: Open Wheel MODs Author : Bazza I got permission from Birle1 to further develop the f1 1966 mod for rFactor. First it was converted with permission from the original GPL team to F1C. Birle1 did the base physics, Fangio1978 did the rFactor conversion. As a GPL dino I was very pleased to see a proper conversion to rFactor of these beautiful cars. You can drive these car with your feet and four wheel drift them through corners. My goal with the physics was to do justice to the GPL original. I've done a lot of research to find and integrate all the right data. The cars match reallife laptimes on most of the historic tracks. The season was the first of the '3 litre formula', which saw maximum engine capacity doubled from the previous season. Many different cars and drivers appeared in the 9 races of the 66 season. I've implemented a 1966 season track filter for a proper match between car and track. Most teams ran as well 2-2,5 and 3 litre cars. The small 2L cars are more nimble, the 3L are real torquey beasts. Both can be raced in separate classes as well. Known Issues: Suspension blinks, I think due difference in HDV and PM. Needs to be solved, I'm open to suggestions. Can become very addictive I've added a setup pack and my realfeel settings in the RAR file. Realfeel 2 litre cars: [158] MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1400.000000 SteeringDamper=11500.000000 FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000 FrontGripEffect=0.000000 SmoothingLevel=0 Kf=4000.000000 Ks=7.000000 A=1.500000 Kr=3.000000 3 litre cars [T81] MaxForceAtSteeringRack=-1900.000000 SteeringDamper=11500.000000 FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000 FrontGripEffect=0.000000 SmoothingLevel=0 Kf=4000.000000 Ks=7.000000 A=1.500000 Kr=3.000000 Credits: Original creators GPL mod Paul skingley F1challenge conversion samAlex some objects of F1classic mod by Slimjim & chiefwiggum sounds by wolferl birle1 (physics) enhanced by Bazza fangio1978 (conversion) May the downforce be with you, Merry X-mas, Bazza Click here to download this file
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now