Guest dmxgordon Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 Hello, I need your help guys! I have a DFGT from Logitech and I want to buy a new wheel. What wheel do you think it's better and why? I am interested in Fanatec vs Logitech models but if you think that some other wheels are also worthy of my upgrade, please mention them. It would be nice to have clutch and h shifter, but that is not a must since I have allready build 2 h shifters and use another wheel's brake pedal as a clutch. I also have to mention that my budget is around 250 - 300 euro (around 300 - 370 $) Please help me make this upgrade, I cannot afford a bad choice now.
Taranta Posted May 27, 2012 Posted May 27, 2012 I also have to mention that my budget is around 250 - 300 euro (around 300 - 370 $) G27 + http://www.simnewsdaily.com/reviews/nixim-g27-pedal-mod
Guest dmxgordon Posted May 28, 2012 Posted May 28, 2012 (edited) Nice post Taranta, thank you. Is this option better that the club sport pedals from Fanatec? I heard that those pedals have vibration too... From what I'm seeing on the internet...the G27 has a dead/weak force feedback point when the wheel is centered. Is this true? In comparison with fanatec wheels witch you think it's better and why? Thank's! Edited May 28, 2012 by dmxgordon
Guest dmxgordon Posted May 28, 2012 Posted May 28, 2012 (edited) I also waht to build a cockpit, somethink like this: http://www.consolega...at-img-025-.jpg http://www.consolega...-wrc-seat_1.jpg http://www.consolega...at-img-027-.jpg I don't have the money for the real thing so, I will use a gaming seat: http://images10.okr....271-700_700.jpg I can buy that gaming seat for about 25 Euros in my region. Or I will by a real car seat witch is about 10 Euros, but a lot heavyer. What do you say? I need some advices regarding the cockpit, if you have some drawings, plans, or ideeas please post here. Thank you again! Edited May 28, 2012 by dmxgordon
Guest dmxgordon Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 I have decided to build this type of cockpit: http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=6973 http://www.insidesimracing.tv/forums/download/file.php?id=186&sid=9110dd827c5b47e20530c96af2cca2bf&mode=view The problem is that i cannot find that type of pipe in my region:(
Guest dmxgordon Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 Ok, afte 2 days of searching all shops for this type of tubing I have found nothing. There is no water/drain tubing like that, especially not with that type of T, L and 45 degrees bindings. My only ideea is that tomorrow, I will search for electrical tubing or PVC Tube for electrical wire protection, this is my last attempt with this cockpit. If not succesufull, it means that there isn't any PVC like that in my country...I've searched the internet for online Romanian store that could have something like that and i found nothing... So tomorrow i will try find PVC tubes at some electrical shops
Guest dmxgordon Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 I have found the tubing but no bindings...any sugestions?
Guest dmxgordon Posted June 7, 2012 Posted June 7, 2012 Today my G27 arrived, bought from a second hand online store. The price was 60 USD becouse the wheel wasn't working, only the shifter and peddals. I was hoping to fix it so I can use it instead of my DFGT. The simptopms are: When I plug it into the PC the wheel is slightly moving left and right, only by 40 degrees or so. After that...nothing. The wheel rotation is not recognized in Logitech Profiler, only the shifter and peddals. Can you please give me some advices? Thank you!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now