Abarth oversteer

Guest Tee

Hi.

I was supprised slightly to see this video, which snap oversteer comes up with FF for some reason, because it seemed like in nKP I felt sometimes while braking.
In this case, I think this is caused from some setup problem or just mistake. But I'm not sure how often or how easy it's happened. How do you think?

Guest bokoboko

Nice vid man!

Yes i agree with u,abarth does it often at least in nkpro dunno real life :bleh:

I think that the weight when u leave gas or when u brake comes too fast from the rear to the fron,so u can put more to the rear slow rebound...or maybe put more coast but this is in turn in(diferencial)...I tryed both of them in the past but again abarth did it a bit..u can low ur rear ride height so the transfer will be slower in general.. :smile:

this is clearly a bug in God's code :jump:

Great video and great driving by Nicola. He is a very nice guy, he came to drive the simulator during the race weekend in Vallelunga 2 years ago. The laptime difference between real life and netKar was below 100ms.

I think that is somehow "normal" behaviour for a FWD with lots of brake bias at the back. He slams the foot on the brake (did you notice how he is "pumping" the brake pedal in the straight? this is something simulators need to implement asap... the abarth is notorius for requiring this kind of manouver) turns in and leave the foot on the brake, as soon the inner rear tyre goes up in the air the outside rear locks and the car rotates.

Having lots of rear arb and very soft front arb helps to. Being a FWD, the recovering manouver is quite simple: off the brake, slam the gas, and the car will reallign.

Guest bokoboko

Wow! Everyday i find something new in ur simulator! Didnt know that!

But why u say its a bug? It does that in netkar pro.Didnt get it

And why he does pumping in the straights?

So we have to brake with abarth in straight and in turn in without brakes cause we may rotate?

Ps: aewsome interview cant wait for the 2nd part :D,cant help my self from becoming a fanboy day by day sry :P

Dont know how the physics will be 10 times more! Damn im SO excited but ok i dont ask i will wait :D

Edit:lol now i saw the last second :laugh:...well i feel like that about the new...ok i stop :wub:

Edited by bokoboko

Thanks for reply. And also have 2 quentions.

You mean the pumping is what doing with left foot before braking? I've seen it many many times before with other video though, why should they do like so?

And is the brake bias of the abarth 500 AC in nKP, around 90%, similar to what real 500 AC has?