Impossible to start engine on other car than F1600

Guest sylbal

Hi,

Just came today to netKar, hello to the comunity from France :)

I can't start the engine on any car other than the f1600 (this was working in demo, it's still working on paid version). All other cars display a 'press backspace to start engine' message.

Pressing backspace does not seems to have effect, using the mouse to clik on the 'starter' button on the dashboard won't work either and the starter button assigned to my wheel asi alos not operating.

I must miss something stupid, so any help welcome

-sylbal 'yet another noob'

Hmm, so you brought the game & it unlocked fine? You can drive the tracks which aren't available in demo mode (Aosta, Aviano, Newbury)? Only other thing I can think of is if you go to settings > simulation in game, check car systems & car engine boxes are ticked. I dunno why you'd be getting the backspace/start engine message, I'm sure I've not had that since v1.03 (over 2 years ago).

Edited by CAR

Hi,

I've installed the demo on a new computer yesterday then bought the licence and unlock the same day.

I've checked the 'settings/simulation', all boxes are checked, no problem.

I tried to use the f1600 on another track and the engine won't start too. This may look like an unlock problem, all the 'lock' have desapeared from screen (on track/cars/sun-rain) but the effect is that it's not useable, ...

Shall I request for a new unlock key ? uninstall the game and erase user data ?

Thank's for your help, cheers

-sb

Well, this is now fixed.

I have uninstalled the game and wiped out the driver data under my user folder then re-install.

For this new install I used the same firstname/lastname as i received with my paycode and this work. I guess it was due to another name used that lead to incoherent behaviour. Maybe it would be useful to check that point at the registration step and send a user warning that name/paycode don't match.

Bye,

-sb

You used to have to enter your name/paycode, that was changed to just paycode though (for if your buying a license for someone else). I dunno what the problem was, maybe just an isolated incident.

Hi,

I think it worth a try to ask dev team to look at this case.

When i first installed the demo, I used a nickname, then when I paid, I think it used my paypal account info (which was different than the nickname used). After receiveiving my paycode, as it was the only blank field, I've simply copy/paste it there. Then started a bit of frustration that I paid for a buggy version, ...

It should not be that difficult to check that the paycode match the firstname/lastname and raise a nice message box in case of error, that would maybe give a better experience to newcomers.

Bye,

-sb