Features that would make Netkar even better... - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Features that would make Netkar even better...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Netkar has been improved along his life and we all agree: Netkar is the best in what defines a simulator. The physics.

But everything can be improved so, what features would you like to see in the future?

My list of 12 ideas:

1-Possibility to freely move the external camera in replays in game, as well as edit the on board points of view.

2-Increase of framerate in replays or possibility to slow down the playback speed even more, so ultra slow motion scenes could be captured.

Those two features would hopefully make Netkar more popular to video producers in youtube by boosting creativity, and could make Netkar more known in the simracing community. Some films about LFS or rF became epic thanks to that.

3-An incredible feature would be the dynamic track included in KRP. I know this could be difficult to implement depending on the way physics were thought, but it would allow different grip levels in dry track and alogside with meteorologycal changes it'd allow a realistic drying. Netkar could presume of another very cool feature.

4-Possibility to choose and change between wet/dry tires in the setup screen regardless of the weather (would be great also between soft/hard if applicable to the car class (GP2 will have 2 compounds in 2012)). It would be necessary if dynamic drying was implemented, but eitherway it would be cool to try different combinations of tires-rain intensity.

5-Possibility to set a limited number of wet-dry (hard-soft if applicable) front and rear tire sets by the server to each driver, and possibility to change tires to a used set, so we could save a new set for qualy and reuse it in the second race for example, with its previous wear and flatspots.

6-Possibility to deactivate automatic pit limiter button. Would be great if a control was added to manually activate the limiter, or no possibility to activate if the car lacks of it and you choose not to have the sim automatically pressing it. Like old times.

7-Time delay for tire change and refuel in full mode again.

8-Make the cars more damage prone when is set at 100%. I don't mean graphical damage, but physical. You can now hit a barrier at a speed that would destroy the suspension but still continue.

I think it would be better if 100% damage was over exaggerated than the opposite. You can always lower the scale if you don't like it.

It would be cool also if tires could be punctured with barrier hits and wheel to wheel contacts, but either way the consequence should be an abandon like real life.

9-Implementation (to some extent) of vehicle systems and subsystems simulation. This way mechanical/electrical failures could be simulated . Gearbox, clutch, differential, injection system, brakes, etc. managed by variables like water temp, oil temp/press, air intake temp/press, speed...

Could be accompained by some more options for the setup screen like radiator tape, brake vent tube...

10-Extension of data logging channels. RPM channel could be added, as well as car systems sensor data if implemented, for the enjoyment of the engineer guys. The more, the better. I miss some channels. I know a F1600 is not an F1 but I've seen even karts with tire temp. sensors.

11-Own car “reflected” in mirrors. A pre rendered image could do the trick as long as point of view don't change. Detail to add inmersion.

12-Driver conducted warmup lap before races and running starts would be great. Optional driver conducted safety car (abarth would do the trick) would be great also.

This is not intended to be a “to do” list for developers, but only my list of suggestions and ideas. What do you think? What are yours?

Posted (edited)

I think nKPro is at the end of its lifecycle (in terms of development), although one of the devs said they'd be working on it again soon, so maybe they'll be an update but I wouldn't expect any major changes. Lets hope Kunos takes feedback & implements it in whatever's coming next.

My opinion's that the next project needs more effort in terms of the web services. Dedicated forums, a stat site we have like with Jaap's rank but more like LFS world, & the ability to buy game vouchers to encourage competitions etc.

I think in terms of development I pretty much trust Kunos with whatever he decides =) I know they asked about AI a little while ago, if they can do it well then that will be a good feature (which will attract more people).

I'm not nitpicking ;), just with a few of your points I think they're been mentioned before:

  • I believe Kunos talked about a dynamic implementation of rain, but that he didn't think there would be enough development time.
  • v1.03 iirc allowed you to change to slick tyres with the F1600, but this was removed, so it's possible. It would be really fun if we had a dynamic track & you could decide whether or not to switch to slicks on a drying track :D
  • The time delay being removed when re-fueling in fullmode was meant to fix a bug... it didn't.
  • IIRC 1.2 had a more sensitive damage model, & when we raced at Monaco everyone started complaining about it (so basically either way I don't think anyone would be happy (personally I think it's ok as it's)
  • Not quite sure about this one, but I know Juha said it isn't possible to measure horsepower & torque curves with post 1.02 ver. of nKPro. I believe Kunos said he would try to re-enable this for 1.3 final, dunno if it happened or not :) (not used telemetry for a while).

Edited by CAR
Posted

I'd like to be able to switch between metric and imperial during suspension setups. I had to download a converter to calculate newtons to pounds every time I make a suspension adjustment. It's a bit of hassle.

Posted

Well, I didn't mention it, but of course I think a major update would worth a pay optional update license.

IMO, Netkar has still a lot of potential. To me is still the most successful simulator in terms of driving feeling. It gives the deserved importance to physics and achieves the immersion thanks to it. Would be a pity if we were at the beginning of its declive because its lack of activity moved users to more active options.

I think KS doesn't need to develop software from scratch to be at the same level as current newborn sims, but as you said, a more complete service, and some features over his core to make it more friendly and it could fight with the advantage of its better physic engine.

Thank you for your ideas.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.