Server won't restart from 1st session - bug?

Wally

My server has 3 sessions: Practice (15 mins), Qualifying (15 mins) and Race (5 laps). The server is set to restart from the 1st session at the end of the sequence, but it is getting stuck on the last race session. That is, it just keeps restarting the race session after the race is finished. It never goes back to practice. I've tried different cars and tracks, but it's the same. Is this a new bug in 1.3 final?

Here is my config:

[CONFIGURATION]

PORT=9500

BANDWIDTH=820

MODE=2

MAXCLIENTS=15

ACCEPTVERSION=107

NAME=www.xgn.com.au

TRACK=falkenberg

CONFIGURATION=National

CAR=500abarth;

PASSWORD=

ADMIN=

REGISTER=1

MULTIPORT=0

LOOP=1

WINNERBALLAST=0

FRONTTIRE=

REARTIRE=

FULLMODE=0

DAMAGE=0

RAIN=0

SESSIONS=3

[sESSION0]

NAME=Practice

TYPE=0

ESCMODE=0

MINLAPS=0

MAXLAPS=0

RACELAPS=15

VALIDPERC=100

SESTIME=15

WAITTIME=0

ACCEPTNEW=1

[sESSION1]

NAME=Qualifying

TYPE=1

ESCMODE=0

MINLAPS=0

MAXLAPS=0

RACELAPS=15

VALIDPERC=100

SESTIME=15

WAITTIME=0

ACCEPTNEW=1

[sESSION2]

NAME=Race

TYPE=2

ESCMODE=0

MINLAPS=5

MAXLAPS=5

RACELAPS=5

VALIDPERC=100

SESTIME=5

WAITTIME=60

ACCEPTNEW=1

[ENTRYLIST]

ENTRIES=0

USEFORGRID=0

Guest Cpt Sparrow

Same problem here, it use to restart by the admin to the first session, now only restart the race. Solution by now is close the server and start it again.

Ahh wondered what was happening when I jumped on the other day for some practise Wally, kept putting me back on the grid.

Thought it was all a bit odd.

Chrs, Pat

Edited by patrini

you have to press Escape, then Next Session and it moves to the qualify session (assuming there's no other race session)

you don't have to be admin. it's a bug though (i guess, since it didn't happen in previous releases) but you can sort it out that way easily

you have to press Escape, then Next Session and it moves to the qualify session (assuming there's no other race session)

you don't have to be admin. it's a bug though (i guess, since it didn't happen in previous releases) but you can sort it out that way easily

And if you're not alone, all drivers have to vote to pass the session because even with other drivers it seems to me it keeps to want you to race endless. The difference is that, if you are alone, you are continuosly put on track for the race, then put on pits because you can't race alone, put on the track for the race.... and so on, endless if you don't act as you suggest. At least if you are in 2 or more you can race!

for voting with 50% +1 should be able to change session, i guess. because as you say, if someone doesn´t vote the server stays in the same session, right?

as for being alone so far is the only way i´ve found to skip the race start/go to pit/ go to grid...

it should be an option to go to the grid, since most of the time you finish a qualy, and you are put into the grid automatically, you usually have to change tires and add fuel. it´s kinda stupid that you are thrown into the grid.

it should be done automatically if there are 10 seconds left so if you are not paying attention you can join the race.. or not do it automatically at all, it´s a sim after all :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest McSaltens

agree with the autogrid, and also causes more trouble because some people after the race go to toilet or watever, or if they have lag or something, and their car is put on the grid without the actual driver infront of his computer, and race start causing crahses, or having a car parked on the grid for the entire race,, wich is really stupid

Edited by McSaltens

IIRC Kunos said it was because people were sitting in the box missing races (by not manually clicking the box to go to the gird). Personally I think it's stupid also, causing a lot more problems than it solves :)