VELOCIPEDE Posted September 15, 2011 Posted September 15, 2011 F1 2011 on the PC. My impressions.Hey all. So as some of you may know I got the review\preview copy of the game.So I wanted to let you all know of my impressions of it.. First of all I will be making a small gameplay video on my youtube channel on 16th of September. Embargo is 2pm UK time. So booted the game up and did a couple of flying laps at Monza. Firstly I played a few minutes ago before that F1 2010 Monza for bout an hour. Coming into F1 2011 well, first of all the wheel settings that were good in 2010 are not in 2011 after tweaking the sliders of the deadzones and saturations all is very good. I feel like the driver is kinda tilting in the F1 car when driving, not exactly like you would see in SHIFT where the driver turns its head into the corner but something different. A bit like in rFactor I would say. Allright, drove bout 10laps, and all was very good, graphics have improved, handling is improved, it feels much more harder, cant say how realistic because I havent actually driven a F1 car yet but it felt more going into the rFactor, wich is great! I took all the assists off and but hardest difficulty settings on the AI. So Driven dozens of laps at Monza and did some "decent" 1:28 times wich is bloody awful then saw Vettel pipped to 1st with a 1:22... okk, how did he?? ooooohhhh... wait a sec.. Went into the control settings and what do I see? DRS and KERS buttons So ok, how good can they be, its nice that they are in. But after setting them onto my G27 upper left button on the wheel as kers and the right upper button for DRS the game went into EPIC mode! With DRS and KERS the game is just udderly fantastic!!! I cannot describe you the feeling... its something I havent felt in racing games yet hah! I mean, coming into the first tight corner of Monza, started to throttle out and pushed in the KERS button, I FELT the car actually going off muchh much quicker. Then again dont forget the DRS, as in qualy and practice you can use it anywhere you like, combined those do and I did a easy 1:24.. the sense of speed and handling is sooo much better from the F1 2010. Incredible job Codies! Thanks for bringing back F1 with a bang! Hope to see lots of great reviews of this game, it deserves nothing less! So, thats a very quick insight on the game from me. Sorry for any spelling mistakes, im from the Baltics. And yeah, preview of the game will go up onto my youtube: HDTanel's Channel - YouTube It will be in Estonian but I will post 1920x1080, max detail, dx11, 8xQSAA footage there so go check it after friday or at the night of friday
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now