Doesn't work anymore - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Doesn't work anymore


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I downloaded and installed the new final 1.3 version. I followed these instructions:

create a backup of:

Documents\netKar PRO\licences

Documents\netKar PRO\drivers

backup your custom tracks (NOTE!!! don't create backups of nkpro official track, because some of them have been updated with some small fixes)

backup you custom skins

backup any other customization you've done

delete the Documents\netKar PRO

delete the old netKar PRO installation folder (I uninstalled the program with the uninstall file and saved the remaining tracks and skins)

Install netKar PRO 1.3 Final.

I started the game, let it update, then copied over the Licences and drivers folders. Restarted and set up controls.

But when I start the game, login, and select a car and track for offline test and hit the drive button, it gives an error message about a script. Here are the details:

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found

File name: 'C:\Users\Phil\Documents/netKar PRO/out/lp'

at KunosSim.Utils.INIReader..ctor(String p)

at netKar_PRO_NT.LapList.addLapsFromFile(String filename, String driver, String car)

at netKar_PRO_NT.OfflineTestRace.timer1_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Apparently, this was in the old Documents\netKar PRO folder? I don't have it anymore since I deleted it as per the instructions.

I also can't join any multiplayer session. It just sits there on the sessions screen.

How do I fix this?

Edited by Griphos
Posted

Okay, I uninstalled the game, cleaned my registry, left the Documents\netKar Pro folder as is, and reinstalled the game to a different folder. Now it works. Not sure what the problem was, but now it works. Yeah.

I haven't driven this sim in a while, as the old MP crash boxes kind of ruined it for me, and it's only an MP sim. I'd forgotten just how nice a sim it is. Looking forward to trying it out again in MP.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.