iRacing FFB clipping monitor - iRacing Motorsport Simulations - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hey everyone,

I've seen tons of topics about FFB settings regarding clipping, ATLAS and graph analysis and always missed something more intuitive, so I decided to code a little software that grabs the telemetry data and shows you if your force feedback wheel is clipping or not, in real time while you are racing.

All you have to do is fire up the application while running the sim and set the FFB level you are using in the top left corner. Then just do a couple of laps and every time that your FFB clips, it will blink an alert, so you know you are not using the full potential (using it too much actually) of your wheel. Then you just have to start a trial and error, lowering down the FFB strength in game (and updating it's value in the software) until you don't get more clipping.

ffb11.png

The software shows you two bars with the real wheel shaft force and the FFB force being sent to the wheel. Whenever you are already in 100% of the FFB but the shaft force can still go further, the clipping alert will blink. I've used the same calculations that David Tucker shared in the API forum.

Here's a video showing how it works.

In the video I'm running iRacing in windowed mode with the FFB Clipping tool next to it, but if you have a mobile device like an iPad, iPhone or a Droid one and have iDisplay (or similar) into it, you can run iRacing in fullscreen and keep monitoring the clipping in your gadget.

The software has not been extensively tested yet so I need your help to find any bugs in it. It was coded in C# 2010, so you need .NET Framework 4.0 for it to work. I'd also like to thank Scott Przybylski for porting the API to C#.

iRacing FFB Clipping Tool v1.2:

http://www.fergonez.net/files/iRacingFFB.rar

Changelog 1.2:

- Now your FFB and Tolerance settings are saved when you close the program

- Added some tips about every element on the screen. Just put your mouse over them to read.

- The big one: force feedback charts (more details below)

- Added a peak meter, that shows you the highest shaft force in the set of samples

- Increased the sample buffer. Now it saves 50000 samples.

- Fixed bug where it will only consider positive values when predicting the optimal FFB

Changelog 1.1:

- Now you can calculate the optimal FFB value for the recorded set of samples

- More intuitive interface

Hope you like it. Please report any bug you find (I'll probably gonna be back only tomorrow night).

Posted

Great too, I want to say thank you very much. I anyway to have the same too on the ISI engine (rFactor, GTR). thx.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.