14.90 euro - lifetime? - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi!

New to the sim racing community.

As I'm planning to just get into sim racing.

I have heard some great things about netKar PRo and at 14.90 it seems like a steal.

BUT, I don't understand if this is for life or if I will have to pay more after a year?

From http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/index...mid=54〈=en

"Also, a license includes 1 year of technical support and software updates."

Does this mean I have to pay 14.90 again after a year?

Is netKar PRo a good place to start to get into online sim racing?

Thanks in advance

Posted

it's lifetime.

we had free updates from the first release in 2006 :)

Posted

"Also, a license includes 1 year of technical support and software updates."

Does this mean I have to pay 14.90 again after a year?

Is netKar PRo a good place to start to get into online sim racing?

I dunno why they still have that bit on the site, it's confusing :) As wildsurfer said, you pay once & updates are included. As for nKPro being a good place to start your sim' racing career, it's a small community, this has its advantages & disadvantages. Generally I've found nKPro to be more friendlier than LFS, & a lot more friendlier than iRacing (where every accident seems to be followed by people swearing at each other). The downside is that it can be hard to find people to race against, unless you sign up for a league, or do what I did in my early days & follow the leagues but not actually compete (so you can practice on busier servers whilst you get up to speed).

Also in terms of money & development I think nKPro offers the best balance. Updates aren't as regular as iRacing, but then it does cost a lot lot less ;) LFS only recently released a new patch, that contains none of the content/updates people have been waiting years for. We're also waiting for a new nKPro patch, but hopefully that shouldn't take too long. Basically nKPro is a good place to start, as long as you put the time in with the more trickier cars (the F1800 for example's a lot more difficult to drive than the F2000). Sorry to blab on... welcome & enjoy yourself!

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Remf
Posted

"Also, a license includes 1 year of technical support and software updates."

Does this mean I have to pay 14.90 again after a year?

Is netKar PRo a good place to start to get into online sim racing?

I dunno why they still have that bit on the site, it's confusing :) As wildsurfer said, you pay once & updates are included. As for nKPro being a good place to start your sim' racing career, it's a small community, this has its advantages & disadvantages. Generally I've found nKPro to be more friendlier than LFS, & a lot more friendlier than iRacing (where every accident seems to be followed by people swearing at each other). The downside is that it can be hard to find people to race against, unless you sign up for a league, or do what I did in my early days & follow the leagues but not actually compete (so you can practice on busier servers whilst you get up to speed).

Also in terms of money & development I think nKPro offers the best balance. Updates aren't as regular as iRacing, but then it does cost a lot lot less ;) LFS only recently released a new patch, that contains none of the content/updates people have been waiting years for. We're also waiting for a new nKPro patch, but hopefully that shouldn't take too long. Basically nKPro is a good place to start, as long as you put the time in with the more trickier cars (the F1800 for example's a lot more difficult to drive than the F2000). Sorry to blab on... welcome & enjoy yourself!

Not saying that 15 euros are peanuts but in the big picture, today you don't get much for that kind of money.

For that money I barely get 3 months in iRacing.

Got a DFGT coming in and I would love a nice sim to start learning how to drive for real.

Are there any beginner leagues?

Posted

Not saying that 15 euros are peanuts but in the big picture, today you don't get much for that kind of money.

For that money I barely get 3 months in iRacing.

Got a DFGT coming in and I would love a nice sim to start learning how to drive for real.

Are there any beginner leagues?

Leagues have different groups, so you won't be placed in with the aliens straight away :) The standard of driving can be a little worse in the lower groups, but it isn't that bad ;) The problem with iR is you v.quickly have to spend even more money. For example wildsurfer signed up, did 2 rookie races, & with automatic promotion now needs to buy content to progress. I'm in the same situation, which I don't like. nKPro is a good place to start if you don't feel like re-mortgaging the house :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.