Newcomer - two questions - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Newcomer - two questions


Recommended Posts

Guest Skybird05
Posted

Hi, just found out about this sim, and really like the driving model. Since I prefer hotlapping in GTR2 since long, and do not have much interest in races, this newly found sim is about to become my new racing sim of choice.

But two questions.

The four bars (blue, red, green, grey), in the black little box in the lower left corner, what do they indicate? Red and Green is brake and gas pedal status, but Blue and Grey is complete mystery to me - I cannot find a correlation between their status and the events in the sim.

And the car Formula 1800. The 1600 model sits on the track when I enter the session, with running motor, I push in first gear and start to drive. But the 1800 model - sits on the track with running motor, I push in the first gear - and the motor immediately stalls. The sim tries to restart the motor, but no matter whether gear is in neutral or 1st or worst - it always fails. I cannot get the 1800 to start going. It does not drive in neutral gear, and when switching into first, the motor dies immediately.

????

Posted (edited)

The colored bars in the lower left are made visible by pressing the F8 key. The first three

bars to the left indicate that the pedals are being pressed down. Conversely, if the bars are

not visible the pedals are not being pressed.

BLUE: Clutch pedal. If AutoClutch is activated, the clutch is operated by the software.

RED: Brake pedal. When decreasing BrakeMult with equal pressure on the pedal, the bar

drops.

GREEN: Accelerator pedal.

GREY: The gray bar refers to the Force Feedback, and depends on the values of Gain,

Damping and Friction. If the bar reaches the maximum and the red rectangle appears, it

means that the signal of the FFB is saturated and there is missing information at the

steering wheel.

There is no correct value for the gray bar. A good compromise is to make sure that the bar

remains at about ¾ in the turns and that it's saturated when hitting the curbs and bumps.

That's from BoNI's setup guide.

As for your FF16/1800 issue try disengaging simple gear.

Welcome to nKPro BTW :)

Edited by CAR
Guest Skybird05
Posted (edited)

As for your FF16/1800 issue try disengaging simple gear.

Pardon...? All ars including the 1600 work well - just the 1800 doesn't.

Has each car its own setup for game and steering options additional to car setup?

I have set up only one profile, with he default car that showed up first, and that was the 1600, and manipulated the options only once - and they work for all cars except the 1800. I really do not understand what is different with the 1800.

Thank you so far.

On the grey bar, I do not have any idea what the readout should tell me on FF. Has it any use and function at all?

Edited by Skybird05
Posted (edited)

The 16/1800 & Abarth have a (silly) option called simple gear that allows you to change gear without lifting the throttle. I'm guessing what's going on is with the F1800 you have auto-clutch turned off & simple gear on? Go to the setup tab & turn both either on or off. If that doesn't work then it's something else :)

& the readout tells you when the FFB's saturated, but personally I don't pay any attention to it & go by feel.

Edited by CAR
Guest Skybird05
Posted

The 16/1800 & Abarth have a (silly) option called simple gear that allows you to change gear without lifting the throttle. I'm guessing what's going on is with the F1800 you have auto-clutch turned off & simple gear on? Go to the setup tab & turn both either on or off. If that doesn't work then it's something else :)

Something in that range it was. Thanks!

& the readout tells you when the FFB's saturated, but personally I don't pay any attention to it & go by feel.

Go by feel? When FFB is saturated - whatever that means - what do you do then? Stop steering?

Posted

Go by feel? When FFB is saturated - whatever that means - what do you do then? Stop steering?

It means your losing information at the wheel, but if I reduce my FFB so the readings match that recommended in the guide, then personally the wheel's too light so that's why I just set it to what feels right :)

P.S. Stopping steering normally results in an accident :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.