How to host a netKar pro server... which files do I really need?

Guest Crady

Guest Crady

Well... as the title says...

Downloading netKar pro, installing all available, additional tracks would be a huge amount of diskspace for hosting a server...

Is there a way to "create" or download a kind of light version of netKar pro 1.3 for hosing only?

I mean do I really need to upload all the files to the server or do I just need the ini files?

I have found a 1.03 version of a "selfmade" dedicated host version. This Version only contains these files / folders:

- nkserver.exe

- tracks folder

- cfg folder (only containing the nkservercfg.ini)

- server folder

the server folder only contains:

- logs folder

- replay folder

- sessions folder

- tracks folder (empty)

- users folder

the tracks folder only contains a folder for each track that only contains a "server" folder containing nkrefs.ini file... no graphics etc. at all...

Do you think that might work? This selfmade version only needs around 200kb instead of several gigs...

Is there an "official" dedicated host version?

EDIT:

well... I have tried myself and I THINK it works - but not sure since my network connection is quite limited here. It would be nice is someone could test that version...

nkp13dedi.zip

Edited by Crady

Guest Juha Pyy

With a quick glance, I think you've got all the required files in your package.

Just to add, if you're using nKServerTool to host the servers, you'll also need the "cars"-folder with an empty folder for each of the cars ("500abarth", "Formula1600", "Formula1800", etc.). Also, if you're planning to host rank servers, you'll need Jaap's Rank tool.

Guest Crady

Thank you for the information. Well I would use your ServerTool - but I am planing to host a server at a server I don

Guest Juha Pyy

Thank you for the information. Well I would use your ServerTool - but I am planing to host a server at a server I don

I'm not sure how it works atm but in the server config there are FRONTTIRE= and REARTIRE= fields, I guess those were used to check tyres when we was allowed to choose them (long time ago), don't know if today are useful nor if is possible to cheat... anyway, if you want to use those fields you need to include \tires\compiled folder in your dedi... well I was used to do that IIRC