Newbie first car suggestion

Guest Garnet

Guest Garnet

I've been using some of the other online SIMS but heard about nk and wanted give it a try. The feedback through the wheel seems pretty good, but it's hard to really get a feel for the game because the only unlocked car is a formula car that likes to spin.

Now maybe it's acting like a race car, but how many rookies would you send out first time in a race car? You wouldn't, you send the out in an easy to drive, predictable car and let them learn the track and get a feel for things. I spent so much time in the grass I got bored and went back to iRacing.

I'll give it another try and I'm sure it will get easier, just surprises me they didn't think to provide a car that you could have a bit more fun with to start.

Thanks.

I feel the same. When I first tried nKPro I found the F1600 tricky, but stuck with it as I knew the sim' had real potential. Also what helped me was that back then v1.03 allowed add-on tracks for demo users, so I could concentrate on learning just the car, and not the track as well. If the demo car was the F2000 (which's a lot easier to drive) I'm sure nKPro would shift more copies. There was a rumour on Wikipedia that there would be a new single seater demo car with downforce, but I asked Kunos a little while ago and he said no :)

Either give the Formula Ford more time, or consider buying the sim'. Less than 15 euros gets you an additional 7 cars & over 40 tracks if you include all the community content that's around. Good luck either way ;)

Edited by CAR

Guest Garnet

Thanks for the reply. As you say it's not too expensive, so I paid and got the rest of the cars. It's been fun trying out the different cars, all of which I found easier to drive than the free car (forget name).

For now I plan to keep using netKar and iRacing and see if I develop a preference. They both take time to acclimate to, but are great once you start to get it.

I would still recommend to netKar that the trial car be easier to hustle around a track.

Guest nicolas30on

Hi there! Were that's basically sort of what i keep bubbling about....Netkar needs a dozen "normal cars" .Open wheelers are either to extreme for some people ,or not their cup of tea in a matter of speaking.A lot of people loved the abbarth despite its nothing special in real life because it was exactly that...a normal and easy front wheel drive car to learn driving and having a lot of fun.The same with the classic car now.Its not that easy but it's more acceptable to drive for a lot of people.I know Kunos cannot do everything by himself and no amount of nagging will change that.But i hope eventually more cars find their way so more people can dive in netkar pro.