Server not visible in lan? - netKar Pro ENGLISH Forum - DrivingItalia.NET simulatori di guida Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Having a lan party and major problems with nkpro 1.2. No matter how we try, nkpro server is not visible to any computer in lan (other than the hosting computer). Lfs works great so it is not a network problem. We do not have a internet connection available here.

How should I set the server parameters to make it work?

Posted

Hi Olli,

I think NKPro browses a master server to get the list of available games. I'm not sure how to manually point it to a server without an internet connection.

The only thing I can think of that will help is this tool here

http://www.lastplace-racing.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=30&func=fileinfo&id=46

You can run it on the client end and connect directly to a host server via an IP address.

One of the features is 'supports connecting to servers manually or via server list'.

I've used it like that before to connect to a remote server, not sure how it works just on a lan but I think it's your best bet.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Posted

Thanks, we got the server running in lan with the Hosting tool, but unfortunately for some strange reason the network play was horrible (lag, disappearing cars etc). We had 100 mbit lan in which LFS worked flawlessly. I really don't know what was the reason. Now back home, so I cannot "debug" the problem more. For our next lan party I got to fugure put the reason behind this problem.

Posted

Shame about the lag issue. I wonder if it was clipping due to bandwidth settings on the server.

Setting the bandwidth to something crazy high might help. You're on a lan so it should be able to handle it.

nkservercfg.ini

[CONFIGURATION]

BANDWIDTH=99999

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.